GT Aggressor XC1 Project

L3BIUS
L3BIUS Posts: 91
edited May 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Here is my new GT Aggressor XC1 project, after sadly having to sell my old one (see in my sig!)
Stock at the moment but big plans with lots of upgrades to come!

More pics soons :)
4ae4682cef44e979c027c0cb1ab3ef14_zps4861c2d4.jpg
The New Beast GT Aggressor 2013 project

The Old Beast GT Aggressor Hardtail 2011 Custom Spec

Places i want to visit:
Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn

Comments

• L3BIUS
    6d4ca8ba0c134f224b019d02f828bce4_zpsd416d422.jpg

Places i want to visit:
    Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn
  • Nice
    I look forward to seeing this progress
    James
  • Nice! Ill be following this.

Add it to the collection of GTs in the GT Owners Thread in my sig link too :D
  • Just saw the "old beast". Wow! Whyd you have to sell it? Those cranks look sexy. Are they Raceface turbines?
  • L3BIUS
    Yeah hopefully alot to come! got a big order to place on chritsmas eve (payday) of lots of little goodies :D

Had to sell the old one to buy a car! which made me sad :( but hey ho it was so good while i had it! The cranks were gusset.. somethings.. cant remember the model, i have a full spec list somewhere i will dig out! but the whole thing was just over £1000 to build, had it all done at my LBS! (Leisure Lakes)

Places i want to visit:
  • L3BIUS
    Parts to come in my next order:

Pedals! In white!

Grips! Not sure on colour yet, probably black...

Bar ends! Gunmetal Grey/blue

Bars! In white!

Stem! In black

Places i want to visit:
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    The pedals are crap, heavy, not especially grippy, heavy, and have unsealed bearings. Save up and get Superstar Nanos, or if you're set on that body, get the Wellgo copies for £10 less.

Also, nice bike!
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • L3BIUS
    Yeah i may not go for those then!, I used to have some of these http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -11-45156/

I am quite tempted to just get some more... they were good! just not cheap!

Places i want to visit:
  • L3BIUS
    Lewis A wrote:
    The pedals are crap, heavy, not especially grippy, heavy, and have unsealed bearings. Save up and get Superstar Nanos, or if you're set on that body, get the Wellgo copies for £10 less.

Also, nice bike!

Do you know where i can get some of these "Superstar nano tech" Pedals? All the reviews look pretty amazing!

Places i want to visit:
  • Lewis A
  • I use the wellgo copy pedals. I got them 2nd hand (for free) and i have never slipped off them once, they are really grippy, and i cycle in Converse! Even with oil on the bottom of my shoes when i used to work in a garage, I never slipped off them. The bearings are still in excellent condition too, no wobble at all and still spin freely. The only down side of them i think is the weight...and the getting whacked in the shin when trying to do a bunny hop!
  • Lewis A
    Maybe the platform works well with your shoes, I just know that I slip a lot less on Nanos with the same Sombrio shoes. It would also depend on usage, I get the impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that you (mostly) use your bike for commuting. My bearings were completely knackered after about 5 months. Could be drier in London than Scotland too! I suppose the Wellgos are pretty disposable at £12 though.
  • Yeah they are well worth the £12 in my opinion.

I use my Chucker for offroad mostly, i use the mentioned Wellgos on my Chucker. But the stuff i ride is probably nowhere near as rough as what you ride. And i ride in the dry mostly.

If i rode rougher stuff i would get more quality shoes, i wouldnt be riding in Converses :lol: and i would get bicycle specific shoes.
  • Lewis A
    Scotland is pretty bumpy. Your Chucker's a nice looking bike btw. Back to the original topic, if you can spend £55 on bars, going for Nanos is a good idea.
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Nice bike dude, look forward to see the updates over Christmas!! :-)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I destroyed my V8s in less than a year left pedals gone stiff rights got loads of play pciked up a set of Wellgo B143's which i can strip easily not had a problem, they have a similar sealing system to the superstar Nanos. Of the two i would go with the Nanos for being a known quantity enough of us use them to know if they will break quickly or not.
  • L3BIUS
    Ok so merry Christmas everyone! First updates so far ready for the new year! I now have my half nelson grips and the bars are ordered and on their way! Also got a couple of bottles of muc-off as a nice surprise! Pics of new bits shortly

Places i want to visit:
  • L3BIUS
    9eda1dac6127008e4b8dd57fec52e7e4_zpsaa083465.jpg

8b131c29aff47622967082ba1c735a8b_zpse2e6c7aa.jpg

And these are the bars I ordered: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/span ... -prod65138 in white

Places i want to visit:
  • Nice! Red grips are the best :D

Are you changing the stem too? You should get a nice white one to finish it off, would look ace.
  • L3BIUS
    Yeah stems getting replaced as well, hoping for white but not sure what yet, most likely a raceface respond one :)

Places i want to visit:
  • Raceface is a good bet. I love my raceface stem + bar setup.
  • L3BIUS
    Girlfriend just text me and aparently my bars have arrived at home :D ill get some pics up when i get in!

Places i want to visit:
  • L3BIUS
    IMG_20131230_174948_zps0tk5tbnw.jpg

IMG_20131230_180231_zpsbjtyxvpm.jpg

Couple of pics, one with what it will look like with the grips!

Places i want to visit:
  • Dawesy92
    Get the boshed on dude!!
  • L3BIUS
    Getting them on tomorrow morning when i have some daylight! very exited :)

Places i want to visit:
  • Dawesy92
    L3BIUS wrote:
    Getting them on tomorrow morning when i have some daylight! very exited :)
    Putting them on hungover then you mean ;)
  • L3BIUS
    Suprisingly not hung over! Everyone have a good New Year's Eve? I did! - anyways, woke up this morning with the first thought in my head being handle bars! Pissing it down outside so had to do it in the cramped space of the shed -.- but alas. They are now on! Just need to get the bar ends ordered now :) think I'm gonna need some more red at the back, perhaps the seat post clamp.. Just to balance the couloir a bit.

IMG_20140101_123043_zpsnm6salzs.jpg
    IMG_20140101_123138_zpscftykp2w.jpg

Places i want to visit:
  • L3BIUS
    Pedals are still shite though

Places i want to visit:
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Ill tell you what you need next, you need some new pedals. In white! Those bars + grips look great on the bike.

Nukeproof Electrons maybe? They are going cheap on eBay and CRC.
  • L3BIUS
    Went out for a spin last night round a local off road track thing, nothing special, but the added length and lower weight of the new bars is massivley noticable and is great! Cant wait for Cannock now!

Places i want to visit: