Saying hello to male cyclists - oops!

Miss Pootle
Miss Pootle Posts: 49
edited January 2014 in Women's cycling forum
Went out for a run this morning because of the wind and didn't have time for a ride, but I forgot I wasn't on a bike and said hello to cyclist, forgetting I was pretending to be a runner. He was quite good looking so now I'm worried he will think I'm an absolute loon / stalker type saying hello to random men on bikes! I don't know why I am worried, it seemed to cheer him up and my husband thought it was funny too.

Comments

• Was your husband running too or was he hiding in the bushes watching you trying to pull random mamils....?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Nah, you'd've just made his day, that's all!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    same time next week?
  • I always say hello to cyclists...even when I am out for a walk on on my horse! I am sure they think it a bit strange but hopefully just friendly!
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    This is ridiculous. Strangers say hello to eachother all the time.
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • Its a sad state of affairs that a woman cant say hello to a man without worrying about being perceived as a stalker or a nutter. Its no big deal and nothing to worry about.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,319
    Hello

Pity about some 'crusts'. Frequently whilst out in the Cotswolds i would say hello to another cyclist and get screwy looks or completely ignored. Then I moved back to Scotland.

BTW - don't stalk NapD, he's a dodgy copper.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • No other cyclists saying hello to me today. :-( What a shame because it was a lovely day (and I nearly got chatted up by a silver fox with a Triumph motorbike at the tearoom...).
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    There was loads out round my way today! I was not one of them though.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,319
    No other cyclists saying hello to me today. :-( What a shame because it was a lovely day (and I nearly got chatted up by a silver fox with a Triumph motorbike at the tearoom...).

Hello

By 'silver fox', do you mean a potential sugar daddy?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!