Ribble Sportive... ready for spring 2014

mamil_man
mamil_man Posts: 11
edited December 2013 in Your road bikes
_MG_5262copy_zpsbc9161c4.jpg

So, been building this slowly for a couple of months. No real rush as probably won't ride it until next year now hence the missing wheels as the final touch.

I had to wait quite some time for the fiddly bits in red, blue and especially white to arrive c/o Mr Woo's dangerous toy and lawnmower eBay shop in Hong Kong. Got there in the end. The stems high for now until I can lower it once ridden.

Frame: Ribble Sportive 7005 58cm
Forks: Ribble
Bars: Control Tec One
Stem: Ritchey
Headset: Part Ribble, part Ritchey.
Bar Tape: Deda Cork. Red & Sky Blue.

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Carbon
Front Caliper: Dia-Compe BRS-100.
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Carbon
Rear Caliper: Dia-Compe BRS-100.

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 6700 Carbon - with Hudz covers in red & blue
Cables: Jagwire.
Front Mech: Ultegra 6700 braze on using Alero Carbon mount in white.
Rear Mech: Ultegra 6700

Seat: Pass. I bought it on eBay from Taiwan! It was the only seat that was red, white & blue and weighs 209g.
Seat Post: Ritchey
Seat Post Clamp: Uno white alloy.

Cranks: Ultegra 6700. 172.5
Chainring(s): 53/39
Chain: Ultegra 6700
Cassette: Ulterga - 11/25
Pedals: Ultegra 6800 Carbon
Bottom Bracket: Ultegra 6700

Wheels? Don't know... will see if Santa has anything left over.

Comments

• Surely you want a bespoke set of wheels with one red and one blue rim!
    left the forum March 2023
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Surely you want a bespoke set of wheels with one red and one blue rim!

No silly he wants blue on one side and red on the other - it has to match the bar tape.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Naaah. I'll let the tyres add the colour...

But I did see somewhere Hutchinson did a red/white/blue tyre... think it was a special though.
  • mamil_man wrote:
    Naaah. I'll let the tyres add the colour...

But I did see somewhere Hutchinson did a red/white/blue tyre... think it was a special though.

Mistake... coloured tyres always look shite, the colour is not right and in time will get dull... on the other hand, Halo aero rage rims would be spot on with metallic colours that match your calipers nicely!
    I would actually have red rim/blue caliper and blue rim/red calliper
  • mamil_man wrote:

Mistake... coloured tyres always look shite, the colour is not right and in time will get dull... on the other hand, Halo aero rage rims would be spot on with metallic colours that match your calipers nicely!

That'll be YOU on a warning for bad language then!

And at least this time it is the correct person being reprimanded in public! (Rather than you misreading the quoted content)
  • mamil_man wrote:

That'll be YOU on a warning for bad language then!

And at least this time it is the correct person being reprimanded in public! (Rather than you misreading the quoted content)

Crankbrother, if you don't know when a swear word is appropriate and when a behaviour is inappropriate, you need to learn the basics of living in society. I suggest you stop going on about a warning, you can only make things worse for yourself. Somebody reported you, clearly you must have offended him... I'm just doing my job, if you don't like it, go complain with the direction
  • That looks smart fella :D
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Loving the bar tape and hoods 8)
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • ledeev
    ledeev Posts: 208
    Yes, it definitely needs some sort of coloured tyres. At least they'll wear out and can be replaced.