The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Mikey23 wrote:
    What a cracking goal from wilshere... (Is that how you spell it)

Wiltshire.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    According to the beeb it's wilshere...
    What a rubbish penalty
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Mikey23 wrote:
    What a rubbish penalty

It went in. Arsenal didn't look that good against a side that beat MU hoo but maybe that is a good thing because last year, they did not have a 'B' game.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Trying to think about something sensible to say about the footie this weekend, but all I can concentrate on is Mark Lawrenson's goatee and pink shirt. He looks and sounds like a camp Master out of Doctor Who.
  • How many times did Les Ferdinand say "you know" in his match analysis? :-) He was quite good other than that in fairness.

Fir us Gooners it is another game & another 3 points. We are now a third of the way into the season & 4 clear, with the joint best defensive record & 2nd best goal scored record behind City. Certainly it is all going well. We have a tough December to get through & a crucial 6 games, including Everton, City, & Chelsea. Big big games which if we get through still on top, ee can start really believing. By the end if this month we will be half way & this is the time the league really takes shape. We need Walcott to get back into the swing of things quick & desperstely need Podolski to return to add some firepower.

January will be interesting, I reckon Wenger might look at a cheeky loan signing up front. It's nice to be in this position inceagain tthough. Lets not f★★k this up.
  • pinno
    I think the big squads will take points off each other. As long as Arsenal win the big games at home, we hav a real chance. It is in our favour that there are some capable squads out there taking points from the big teams.
    Such as.
    MU hoo
    TH
    Chelski
    Liverpool
    Everton
    City

None of them are pushovers, especially at home but all vulnerable away from home.
  • Disagree the tiny torts are a poor side, averageness personified. United are also poor, we should have beaten them. As for us, unless me Wenger spends big in Jan on a giroud backup/ competition and a cb, not to mention flamster cover, we will disintegrate. Ramsey cannot maintain his goalscoring form all season, and if giroud gets injured the prince of Denmark will be playing, and if one of bfg or kos get injured, accident waiting to happen, no positional sense tv5 will be playing. Wenger just had to spend the money he has( still 30+m of the warchest going) and we should be ok (not for the league, that's cities or Chelsea) but for 3 rd place.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Have you seen the lamp on sale in the Man U shop?
    Looks perfect for the middle of the table.
  • Stolen from Radio5 lastnight....

A Dad bought his son a sledge from the Man United club shop for xmas. Apparently he's never seen anything that goes downhill so fast.
  • Does Frank Mclintock still play for Arsenal?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • unfortunately not
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    P.M Hope your watching ITV 4 Viera /Keane the best of enemies.
  • Joelsim wrote:

Good job he doesn't have to handle Duckworth-Lewis, his head would explode.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Joelsim wrote:

Yer, you need a psd. Or maybe a doc. Or a jpg.
  • And the walls came tumbling down in the city that we love...

Queue the annual spring bumming by a big boy...

Pathetic tactics from Mr Wenger if ever a game situation was crying out for a lighting attacker this was it. But no walcott. Watch man city take us apart now with this buzz killer
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    I have studied this matter at length and taken advice from the wisest heads. My thoughts are as follows:

It is a long season. We will know it is over only when we hear some singing from a lady whose weight is not an issue. Football is a game of two halves. Fortune favours the brave. The team which scores more goals prevents the opposition from doing likewise will generally succeed.

Arsenal are certainly playing in the correct league if they wish to become Premier League Champions. They are one of only twenty teams in a position to do so; nineteen if we assume correctly that MUFC are a busted flush.

To prosper at this level, they will need to win a significant number of their remaining games and not slip up of suffer a run of reverses.

They also need Chelsea and MCFC to hit trouble and suffer internal wrangles of the type Mancini was so woeful at managing.

All things considered, if Bendtner is on his game and can notch up 30 this season, while Giroud, Ramsey, Walcott and Podolski hit 25 and Ozil, Arteta, Cazorla and Rosicky can hit maybe 20 each and if they stay solid at the back, then a place in the Champions League looks possible.
  • tim wand wrote:
    P.M Hope your watching ITV 4 Viera /Keane the best of enemies.

Was out getting shitfaced so I missed it, anyone sky+ it?
  • tim_wand
    ITV 4 it will be on again . More repeats than Dave on there.
  • pinno
    Debeli wrote:
    I have studied this matter at length and taken advice from the wisest heads. My thoughts are as follows:

It is a long season. We will know it is over only when we hear some singing from a lady whose weight is not an issue. Football is a game of two halves. Fortune favours the brave. The team which scores more goals prevents the opposition from doing likewise will generally succeed.

Arsenal are certainly playing in the correct league if they wish to become Premier League Champions. They are one of only twenty teams in a position to do so; nineteen if we assume correctly that MUFC are a busted flush.

To prosper at this level, they will need to win a significant number of their remaining games and not slip up of suffer a run of reverses.

They also need Chelsea and MCFC to hit trouble and suffer internal wrangles of the type Mancini was so woeful at managing.

All things considered, if Bendtner is on his game and can notch up 30 this season, while Giroud, Ramsey, Walcott and Podolski hit 25 and Ozil, Arteta, Cazorla and Rosicky can hit maybe 20 each and if they stay solid at the back, then a place in the Champions League looks possible.

That is either a piece of sheer brilliance with a bit of sarcasm and irony thrown in or it is complete and utter bollox.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Not really, it's quite simple really, u simply multiply the numbers of balls bowled by the number of balls faced, and divide that by the average age of the batting side, minus the number of spanners in a Sidchrome tool kit
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,410
    Van Persie out for a month with a thigh injury - might want to start one of these clocks going for Man U....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Joelsim wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

Not really, it's quite simple really, u simply multiply the numbers of balls bowled by the number of balls faced, and divide that by the average age of the batting side, minus the number of spanners in a Sidchrome tool kit

If we worked that out on England's Ashes performance we would get a very small number indeed.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Van Persie out for a month with a thigh injury - might want to start one of these clocks going for Man U....

Ironic isn't it. RVP used to suffer injury upon injury and Wenger stood by him.

"...and the little boy inside me said Manchester United", one trophy in the bag and a long time before the next one.
  • one more than he would have won than had he stayed!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Ironic isn't it. RVP used to suffer injury upon injury and Wenger stood by him.

"...and the little boy inside me said Manchester United", one trophy in the bag and a long time before the next one.
    Yep, he's starting to look like a bit of a tit over that one. That said, the Ar$e could have done with him earlier today. I'll be watching MOTD later even if you lot can't bring yourselves to.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    Are you talking about womens football :roll:
  • tim_wand
    $hity at the Etihad proved themselves to be the quality squad they are. No excuses totally out played the Arse.
    Not many teams however will go there and score 3. (although they were always 2 goals better so I suppose it did nt matter to them)

3 games in 7 days didn't help, Football is all about confidence, The Gunners have always come back well and the game at the Emirates against Chelski will be the big decider as to whether they have got it or not.

Hopefully recent results (Napoli/$hitey) will be a bit of a wake up call.

Despite Theos brace we could have definitely done with a bit more up top today. And hopefully Wenger will look to get another CF in January.
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, Manure lose to a crap team again. With Shrek, Van Persie and Mata all playing. That's cheered me up.

The David Moyes Fan Club continues to grow :)