What's your Christmas present to yourself this year?

Comments

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,372
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • a Gopro!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    One of these...

0114105226-0-158229-0-custom30271500.jpg

(the kit, not the bloke inside :wink: )

More cycling related I grabbed some ultegra carbon pedals from merlin because they were so cheap and I wanted to move my old pedals to the singlespeed.
  • I've got some 24.5mm wide, 45mm deep aero clinchers from light-cycle (China), a pair of Schwalbe 1 tyres, Rapha sky short & long sleeve jesreys and a pair of socks (in the sale) and hopefully some new cycling glasses and / or a rapha Gilet - decided to buy my own presents this year and let the family wrap them up. Think I've done quite well really (my 40th follows Xmas quite quickly).
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Paying off the mortgage in full. :D
  • A day In land rover Solihull for me and my father. Factory tour in the morning watching the assembly process and off roading in a new defender and range rover In the afternoon. £500 for the both of us !
    Oh and some new v8 flat pedals for the dawes.
    Dawes Audex Clubman 2012.
    Carrera Subway Limited Edition 2011 ( NOW SOLD )
  • Thinking of getting one of those Power2Max power meters...... :?:
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Thinking of getting one of those Power2Max power meters...... :?:

I got one. Does the job.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • smidsy wrote:
    I have avoided cycling related xmas purchases due to recent house move so my focus has been on DIY (I know, I know).

This has resulted in my 1st ever Makita Cordless Drill /Driver and 100 piece accessories set, along with 2 lithium ion batteries and apprporpriate 30 min charger.

As far as power tools go it is very good.

Nice... the drilling equivalent of Super Record
    left the forum March 2023
  • Got a pair of Continental 4 Seasons at £30.50 each!
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
    http://www.whitestar1.co.uk
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    smidsy wrote:
    I have avoided cycling related xmas purchases due to recent house move so my focus has been on DIY (I know, I know).

This has resulted in my 1st ever Makita Cordless Drill /Driver and 100 piece accessories set, along with 2 lithium ion batteries and apprporpriate 30 min charger.

As far as power tools go it is very good.

Nice... the drilling equivalent of Super Record

Well that is what I tell myself :lol:

Problem is since reading this thread it got me thinking and now I am almost in possession of a mint condition Ducati 748r.

Damn you all to hell :mrgreen:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    New TT bike, cheap as I can find... Thinking Planet X, Dolan, ADR that sort of thing, maybe a Canyon if the bonus is good.

Been promised something special for my 40th in 2015 so that'll have to be the last new bike for a while.
  • The hubby and I aren't getting each other Christmas presents this year because we're in the process of buying ourselves a new house. :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinkteapot wrote:
    The hubby and I aren't getting each other Christmas presents this year because we're in the process of buying ourselves a new house. :D
    What if one of you still buys the other a present? I wouldn't want to be the one that didn't bother :wink:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Not for me, but got my friends favourite nerd-core rapper (its a nerdy kind of hip hop!) to record her a personalised message! she cried when i got her a CD he had signed so this should earn me some good brownie points!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • A Quarq Riken.
  • seanoconn wrote:
    pinkteapot wrote:
    The hubby and I aren't getting each other Christmas presents this year because we're in the process of buying ourselves a new house. :D
    What if one of you still buys the other a present? I wouldn't want to be the one that didn't bother :wink:

Like the time a few years ago when one of my friends bought his fiancee a DVD for Christmas. She bought him a PS3. :lol:
  • bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 982
    edited December 2013
    Planet X RT58 bike with Ultegra pedals and Prologo scratch saddle Planet X Flanders Jersey + Kask Mojito helmet.
    https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
    Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    smidsy wrote:

Problem is since reading this thread it got me thinking and now I am almost in possession of a mint condition Ducati 748r.
    Hope your using it as an ornament, not much use for anything else. Heavy and slow, but hey ho it,s Italian exotica ,or put another way, marketing talk for over priced crap :D .
    Now an rc30 or 0W01 and then your talking cooooooool.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Been so happy with the service from my LBS that I did a Victor Kiam and bought the shop.

Unlike all other bike related purchases, I am having real trouble explaining this one to the wife.
  • Bill Gates wrote:
    #david2012 wrote:
    She won't let me have three bikes in the house :lol:

Get a new wife then for Christmas.

Jesus! My husband has acquired four bikes and I seem to have been short changed with just the one!!! We have three in the dining room and the others in various bedrooms...!
    We have got a set of rollers for our christmas 'entertainment'!!!
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Well i bought myself a few bits:-

Custom Titanium frame from Burls, with Burls Ti headset, seatpost and clamp
    Columbus Carbon forks
    Athena triple groupset
    Bonty Paradigm RXXXL saddle
    Zipp bars and stem.
    Speedplay pedals
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    elderone wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

Hope your using it as an ornament, not much use for anything else. Heavy and slow, but hey ho it,s Italian exotica ,or put another way, marketing talk for over priced crap :D .
    Now an rc30 or 0W01 and then your talking cooooooool.

I have ridden many, many bikes (50 or 60) including the 2 you mention and the 748r is exceptional, and only just beaten by the RC30, which simply put is the best motorcycle ever made, well certainly that I have ridden (I did make reference to this elsewhere on here, somewhere).

The 748r is £6k and any RC30 worth having is £20k minimum, saw one at £40k last week. Even I draw the line at that kind of price tag - but I would love to have one.

Plus look at it

7142634939_47bf689d52_z_d.jpg
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    3 weeks mountain biking in india
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    pilch wrote:
    3 weeks mountain biking in india

was it expensive, i've heard it can get quite steep!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • An engagement ring for the gf.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Nairnster wrote:
    An engagement ring for the gf.

You're buying your Ribble Gran Fondo an engagement ring? Sir, I appreciate your dedication to cycling.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Lol, I don't think I would have a girlfriend if I did that for a bike ;)

In all seriousness, I am planning to propose next week, and if she says yes, that will be the best Christmas present ever for me.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Nairnster wrote:
    Lol, I don't think I would have a girlfriend if I did that for a bike ;)

In all seriousness, I am planning to propose next week, and if she says yes, that will be the best Christmas present ever for me.

Good luck fella. You're in Nairn right? Funnily enough, I proposed to my Missus when we were at Kinloss, we got married in Forres and had the reception at the Ramnee Hotel. (apologies if you don't live in Nairn, this will all be bollox!)
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Nairnster wrote:
    An engagement ring for the gf.

Forget the gift that keeps on giving, that's the gift that keeps on taking :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn