RSP Dropper

Wormishere1
Wormishere1 Posts: 284
edited January 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Looking at the new RSP droppers - mostly as they are 27.2mm!

Anyone using one of these got any feedback? Can a £100 dropper take the abuse?
Remember Rule #5

Comments

• russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Just googled it can't see any reviews yet, looks like great value for money and the cable looks like it doesn't go up and down with the post which in my opinion is much better than some of the others on the market. Also it comes in 27.2 which is something reverbs do not. Got to be worth a punt for a oner!
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I looked at them too recently (also 'cos of the 27.2 size). Only has three positions (like the Grand Old Duke Of York, lol), but looks a bargain, assuming it works well and lasts (the gaitor's not pretty, but should help longevity).
  • Looks very much like the Satori SorataPro adjustable seatpost on ebay. Black or silver, gloss or matt options £80. Anyone seen, bought, had a go?
  • Have a look at this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130790415484

Its either up or down, but has worked well for me and its a bargain.
    Too many bikes, not all fully built.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    If it's only a matter of size and not a budget issue then take a look at this...

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a69131 ... wwodBGcANQ
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • I bought the raleigh version for £75 from my local raleigh shop, only used it a few times but seems to work much nicer than tmars it replaced. The action is very light and doesn't take much effort to drop it and also you don't need to bump the seat for it to return, also there isn't as much play as the tmars (so far).
    The build quality is of a decent standard, coming equipped with a jag wire cable and the remote is a nice sturdy metal unit. on opening up the seat post it seems to work with slots instead of holes, the bottom of the slots are at an angle to ease with the catch realising when the lever is pulled.
    On the few rides I've had it has worked flawlessly but we will see how it copes with the thick of winter (although it is well protected with the boot being a nice snug fit).
    I say go for it
  • The build quality is of a decent standard, coming equipped with a jag wire cable and the remote is a nice sturdy metal unit. on opening up the seat post it seems to work with slots instead of holes, the bottom of the slots are at an angle to ease with the catch realising when the lever is pulled. LVyb2g
  • I hope it's a good one. I like the look of it and the price. Anyone bought the zoom version? As soon as my bank
    balance recovers etc etc.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    punkatron1 wrote:
    Have a look at this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130790415484

Its either up or down, but has worked well for me and its a bargain.
    I have one of these on my Fatty, works well.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • I bought one just before christmas and fitted no problem - also good quality all round.
    the only problem I found was that the saddle wouldnt rebound to the highest point without pulling it up.
    after some research on the TMars /Ice v8 posts I found that the spring tension could be adjusted inside the base of the post with a large allen key - the instruction that came with the RSP didnt mention this at all - all working perfectly now
  • This is all sounding very promising! Do you think it could be run withot the boot? Perhaps in better weather. I have been toying with the idea of a GD turbo lp and know people run them bootless with few problems. I also like the weight but not the price. It looks like the RSP ones are rebadged Satori ones which I like the look of in mat silver but then the boot looks even worse. I wonder if there are any qualitative differences between the brands? The cable perhaps? I guess the warranty would be more robust from RSP? I can't see a Gravity dropper being worth more than 3x the price for simalar performance, a worse switch and 80 gramm weight saving. Sorry for rambling, mildly excited!
  • viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12953174&p=18694044#p18694044 thread on exact same post made by Zoom called sorata pro.