Storck Absolutist

ianeire
ianeire Posts: 14
edited December 2013 in Your road bikes
Lots of good deals on Storck Absolutist framesets for the last couple of months as they were replaced by the Scentron for 2013. Some sizes are much easier to source than others though and when I was buying a few months ago it took a bit of searching to find a 57.

Nothing much else to say, just post the pictures. Fabulous bike to ride, though I've only put about 1,500km on it. It was cleaned off and stored at the end of the season. Once the manic first races of 2014 are out of the way it will make a reappearance again. Weighs, roughly [bathroom scales] 7kg with pedals, cages and Garmin mount, cadence, magnets etc.

Downsides? Matt white is an absolute mare to clean. Very hard to get the black grime from brake pads on a wet day off.

2012 Storck Absolutist 57
Campag Chorus 11 53/39 11/25
Campag Eurus wheels
Selle San Marco Zoncolan Carbon FX saddle
Thomson Elite seatpost
3T cockpit

IMG_3310_zpsbca088ac.jpg

IMG_3313_zps981c48a2.jpg

IMG_3316_zps3fcdd63c.jpg

Rear entry dropout. Better hope you don't need a quick wheel
null_zpse06321ec.jpg

Detail in the paint. The black on the frame is actually a very dark lacquer over the cf weave which really only shows itself in good light.
null_zpsc9c2ebab.jpg

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Unusual colour scheme, very understated too. Nice 8)
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks great!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Said it before, but Storcks are absolutely gorgeous.......well done!
  • The rear drop out is a bit of a pain. Unfortunately I don't get the chance to do a massive amount of stage racing where getting a quick wheel is vital for staying in the race. The majority of the racing here are 1-day events and the vast majority will have no team cars or neutral service, so if you puncture you're more or less out regardless. You can get the wheel on/off without picking up the chain by hand - there are demo videos on the Stock website - but there's a knack to it. The quickest way is by putting it on the cassette by hand, but it can be a bit messy.
  • Love it!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Love the colour scheme

They are monster rear stays tho!
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    maxlite wrote:
    Love the colour scheme
    +1 it looks very good.
  • yezz
    yezz Posts: 2
    Wow, looks great!
  • Danny M
    Danny M Posts: 132
    realy nice, did you get it from germany? i got mine in april from hibike really pleased with it

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12931272
  • Very nice, Danny. Yep, frameset, wheels and a lot of finishing kit all came from Germany. Groupset from Switzerland and a few bits and pieces from ChainReaction and Wiggle.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Great bike, great pics
    Thanks for sharing

Matt
  • TKF
    TKF Posts: 279
    For cleaning matte white try baby wipes. Comes up a treat.