Clinic/Asylum references

2»

Comments

• PS. I havnt really been over at the clinic. Even the nutjobs on here are nothing inc omparrison to the specimens over there.

(I have been in a real clinic though, namely the Priory)
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Don't argue with them on there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIaVhMjcoz0
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,781
    PS. I havnt really been over at the clinic. Even the nutjobs on here are nothing inc omparrison to the specimens over there.

(I have been in a real clinic though, namely the Priory)

The JTL news affected you that badly hey?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,844
    If you're too sensible on the clinic you risk being banned for trolling....

One guy kept asking for actual evidence, got banned and had his posts deleted.
  • It's a classic car crash set up. You know it's wrong but sometimes you can't help but look.

The sheer conviction that underpins statements that are patently insane has to be read to believed. One of the main guys, The Hog or something like that, is barking....
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,166
    If you're too sensible on the clinic you risk being banned for trolling....

One guy kept asking for actual evidence, got banned and had his posts deleted.
    Been there, done that. (A long time ago - it's even worse now)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,344
    I've only ever popped in there a couple of times (mainly to check out Vaughters).

My favourite bits are when they argue with each other. Like two bald men fighting over a comb.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    The only problem being there is at least one of them on this forum now. Dont think I need to mention any names. :(
  • In the Walsh thread a few weeks back, someone posted about Leinders being an obvious sign of Sky's doping guilt. Especially in light of Froome's success. I did point out that CF only won once while Leinders was there but I didn't bother to see if any fruitloop bit.

Maybe it spoils the fun but I have half of them on ignore, as their drivel drives me almost as nuts as them. The forum itself is too addictive to avoid completely!
  • The doping allegations are one thing, and it can't be ignored that pretty much every major doper had been predicted as such by the Clinic. Though it would be hard to fail on this when everyone who has ever won a race other than Greg LeMond is accused of doping!

The tennis match-fixing allegations by "Cycle Chic" are the best (*) though. The irony of Djokovic being a "definite" doper to win throughout the year but also a fixer to lose at Wimbledon was superb, though sadly unappreciated by most of the inmates. To be fair to the inmates, many were sceptical of the match-fixing claims, even whilst describing Murray as having a bodybuilder's physique.

(*) "The Hog" does obviously win the award for the maddest inmate, due to the sheer volume, variety and vague plausibility of his output.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    Oh yes, good stuff by Cycle Chic on there! The good Dr and his Vortex is funny, always a good read for the bickering amongst themselves. I enjoy reading the Hog ( 'Good post Hog' ) and Chewbacca. My favourite thread was one opened by Chewie, a poster queried something and he replied 'This is my thread and i'll hang a mutherf***ing fern in it if damn well choose!', followed by a large picture of a fern. Said fern was removed by a mod shortly afterwards.

There are knowledgeable posters on there, Liberty Seguros(?) comes to mind - i think some people here are quick to dismiss the clinic as being full of idiots, just as some clinicians are quick to dismiss BR as being full of gullible munchkins. Being an idiotic gullible munchkin i'm happy reading both boards.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Proper clinicians would publish (i.e. present under their own name through a recognised medium) their theory with supporting evidence / data for peer review. Most of the stuff in the clinic just seems to be made up. It is entertainingly addictive though, as several on here have confessed.
  • LutherB wrote:
    Oh yes, good stuff by Cycle Chic on there! The good Dr and his Vortex is funny, always a good read for the bickering amongst themselves. I enjoy reading the Hog ( 'Good post Hog' ) and Chewbacca. My favourite thread was one opened by Chewie, a poster queried something and he replied 'This is my thread and i'll hang a mutherf***ing fern in it if damn well choose!', followed by a large picture of a fern. Said fern was removed by a mod shortly afterwards.

There are knowledgeable posters on there, Liberty Seguros(?) comes to mind - i think some people here are quick to dismiss the clinic as being full of idiots, just as some clinicians are quick to dismiss BR as being full of gullible munchkins. Being an idiotic gullible munchkin i'm happy reading both boards.

'Tis the lady Libertine Seguros, the posting polar opposite of Cycle Chic.
    I believe they have dubbed this establishment Bike Retard, just in case anyone thought calling their home, the Asylum was harsh.

I don't find them as entertaining any more. You can only rehash the same old bullpoo rhetoric so many times.
    The few Sky defenders are now almost as bad. How they can still be bothered to make the effort is beyond me.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    LutherB wrote:

Nah....had a good look at it a few weeks ago and the endless negative, downbeat, miserable tone of the whole thing made me think "The people on here do not like cycling, they have no interest in cycling other than accusing teams and riders of doping, usually with no evidence whatsoever". So...I will not be having another look at that little pot of misery, life is too short to spend any of it with a load of headbangers. :roll:
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    johnboy183 wrote:
    Ok. 1 more. The Taliban?

Usually The Twaliban - a conjunction of Twitter and Taliban. their attitude is "stone them first, ask questions later".

Coining the phrase 'Twaliban' was the nadir of my life. The sh!tstorm it was part of was my Vietnam.

The horror.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,844
    Doesn't really hold my interest. It's all very tedious.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,344
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    johnboy183 wrote:
    Ok. 1 more. The Taliban?

Usually The Twaliban - a conjunction of Twitter and Taliban. their attitude is "stone them first, ask questions later".

Coining the phrase 'Twaliban' was the nadir of my life. The sh!tstorm it was part of was my Vietnam.

The horror.

"You weren't there, man."

For some reason I used to get nadir and menhir mixed up.

- "The menhir of Arsenal's season was reached....".
    - "Que?"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format