Cwm Carn New trails

Thewaylander
Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited December 2013 in Routes
Hola peeps,

Been nosing round for more info on the trails happening here, but it seems rather sparse cognations site is as always about as useful as a chocolate tea cup as its never updated.

just wondering on levels and so on?

Cheers

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Hola peeps,

Been nosing round for more info on the trails happening here, but it seems rather sparse cognations site is as always about as useful as a chocolate tea cup as its never updated.

just wondering on levels and so on?

Cheers

they're cut in the hill, I've had a nose at 1 or 2 sections - not on the bike before anyone shouts!!

I think it's all planned to open in january
  • Any idea if the new trails will be proper or will they be more berm-athons?
  • welshkev
    heavy_rat wrote:
    Any idea if the new trails will be proper or will they be more berm-athons?

from what I've seen they look to be very similar to what's at CC already, but the trails weren't layed - if they are going to put down the same stuff as they have done on the DH - but they look good
  • If you use Facebook, MTB Ranger South Wales posts updates on trails. He answers questions too, when he gets the chance! He is pretty busy with all that's going on at the moment though.

click: https://www.facebook.com/mtbranger.southwales?fref=ts
    Three bikes: a muddy one, a fast one and a nostalgic one.
  • welshkev
    Big_Wheels wrote:
    If you use Facebook, MTB Ranger South Wales posts updates on trails. He answers questions too, when he gets the chance! He is pretty busy with all that's going on at the moment though.

click: https://www.facebook.com/mtbranger.southwales?fref=ts

yeah I follow him already :D
  • Don't we all :)

Dude is the only feedback we get from Forrestry in any meaningful way, been impressed with his attitude and openess at supplying good info!
  • Looks like there will be a very long descent (possibly longer than the final descent of the Twrch) on the new trail... we were trying to figure out where it goes the other day, but it looks like it goes from pretty much top to bottom!
  • I've not long moved to Pontypridd. Have been looking at places to ride for a while and I've come across a few parks with good reviews like Cwn Carn and Bike Park Wales, but struggling to find out where there are nice forest tracks and places just to chill out. I love going to bike parks but it's nice to get away on steady trails now and again. I moved down here from the Highlands. The tracks at Fort William used to be my second home lol