What's your Christmas present to yourself this year?

Comments

• New mech and hanger for my MTB (after snapping my hanger in Wales about a month back)...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... -prod83162

3_Shimano_RDM786GSL.jpg
  • 50 extra Watts.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    A pair of Atomic Theory all mountain skis. It looks like it will be a good season this year with a lot of resorts opening early.
  • A 2008 Ciocc Morpho with Dura Ace SRAM & wheels. I've been asking around for any comments on them - good or bad but not really had much response. Which is good because I like to be different. These clearly are. Perhaps not your new technology or performance but I really like the look of them. Italian so it can't be that bad..
  • A Super Record 11speed rear mech and shifters.

I will pick up a front mech and fit it all for when spring comes.

with all the spare parts in my garage i might have a winter bike built up for next year soon.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    APIII wrote:
    A pair of Atomic Theory all mountain skis. It looks like it will be a good season this year with a lot of resorts opening early.

Nice. I usually stick to Nordica or Scott (naturally), but the Amer Sports stuff rides well.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    A Precista PRS-14 watch (if I can find one).
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    De Sisti wrote:
    Look on here.
  • de_sisti
    diamonddog wrote:
    De Sisti wrote:
    Look on here.
    Your link doesn't work.
  • de_sisti
    diamonddog wrote:
    Thanks for the link. That's the watch I want to add to my collection. Unfortunately, they are no longer made.
    I've contacted the owner to ascertain the watch's status. Wish me luck. :)
  • bowdy1987 wrote:
    Keeping it a bit low key this year. So far I've spent £15k on a new car £3k on a new watch and had a titanium road bike come into my castle. Daren't ask Santa for too much haha

Bloody hell, you can buy a new car for £15k? DOes it come with an engine and stuff?

in the real world, yes
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Black Crows Sevuns

...and possibly a Ti cross frame, if I'm very very good. Kinesis Decade ATR looks likely, but also tempted by a Lynskey Cooper or a Van Nic Amazon Cross.

But I have bought, er, quite a lot of kit this year already (including 2 bikes), so I have to watch out for meaningful stares across the breakfast table.
  • bomb_d
    bomb_d Posts: 39
    gonna be getting a Garmn edge 810. just got to work out what bundle is worth getting
  • Grill wrote:
    Good on bikes at the moment so I bought myself entry to the Transcontinental :shock:

:shock: Me too, but now I need stuff! New wheels, lights etc etc, the shopping list is growing :D
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    De Sisti wrote:
    diamonddog wrote:
    Thanks for the link. That's the watch I want to add to my collection. Unfortunately, they are no longer made.
    I've contacted the owner to ascertain the watch's status. Wish me luck. :)

Fingers crossed it's still available.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Getting my turbo dungeon back in operation again and the Sufferfest vids to go with it. And probably the TrainerRoad too. I spoil myself sometimes.
  • Just order a turbo trainer should be here in a few days :)
  • A CO2 tyre inflator, which arrived this morning, and its on the bike already.
    So I can't wrap it up.
    So its not really a present.

Perhaps I should treat myself to something else?
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Grill wrote:
    Good on bikes at the moment so I bought myself entry to the Transcontinental :shock:

:shock: Me too, but now I need stuff! New wheels, lights etc etc, the shopping list is growing :D

I need all that and more. Need a frame to put it on!

How loaded are you going? I'm seeing just how minimalist I can get away with...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Just a cheeky plug here - ive listed my 3 week old cycleops fluid 2 trainer and riser block over on the road> spare parts section.
    If anyone wants to treat themselves to a brand new turbo, give me a shout!
  • Treated myself to a Castelli Gabba jacket, Sorpasso Bibshorts & Craft Windstopper base layer. Money well spent!
  • Ice axe and a pair of crampons.....
  • Grill wrote:
    Grill wrote:

I need all that and more. Need a frame to put it on!

How loaded are you going? I'm seeing just how minimalist I can get away with...

As light as possible, plan on sleeping when tired in a bivvy, I did some prep rides this year with a tent at around 12kg all in, so can drop a little weight as wont be taking pub clothes.
  • Short term: New pair of Woolie Boolies & another K Edge Garmin mount
    Long term: New pair of S Works shoes
  • If it arrives on time, something built in Stoke and made from Stainless Steel...
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    17ft of carbon fibre - a flatwater racing kayak
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    If it arrives on time, something built in Stoke and made from Stainless Steel...

Brian Rourke - nice.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    I have avoided cycling related xmas purchases due to recent house move so my focus has been on DIY (I know, I know).

This has resulted in my 1st ever Makita Cordless Drill /Driver and 100 piece accessories set, along with 2 lithium ion batteries and apprporpriate 30 min charger.

As far as power tools go it is very good.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    not sure if it counts as an xmas present but if my claim settlement comes through before i'll be replacing my totalled Cube!

i'm thinking of going for something different but not sure what, really depends if they pay out for the full price or not.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes