Yellow is the new Black.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    smidsy wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    does anyone have BE 11 END ?

Why you wanna buy? :lol:

Do you own it at the moment then :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    smidsy wrote:
    Someone once managed to slip PEN15 through the dvla :lol:

Steve Parrish (motorcycle racer of Barry Sheene era, now TV commentator) has that one I believe

And for a while he put it on his wife's car.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    arran77 wrote:
    smidsy wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

How can I - they only make 1 of each 8)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    smidsy wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    smidsy wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

How can I - they only make 1 of each 8)

I've got NO8 END :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Saw this in London today

p87l.jpg
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Eons ago in Eeestbaaaaaawn, I had a paper round, in fact I had all 3 from the same shop. It was a recession. I delivered papers to a big hairy bloke with a Range Rover and a Porsche. The Porsche had the number plate Bad 1 and the Range Rover, LZ 1.
    One weekend in June, I watched the Le Mans 24hr race and saw what I thought was this same hairy bloke as the head of the Porsche Shloer race team.
    Armed with this new knowledge and a beaming smile, I approached him on my next round and said "When's your
    next race?"
    "Race?!"
    "Aren't you the head of a racing team?" I asked.
    "I don't think I am he replied" somewhat humourously.
    Miffed and sure that the hairy bloke was having me on, I told the tale to my mate. His response - "No, you daft bat, he is the ex manager of Led Zeppelin".

peter_grant_by_sidney_smith_prauls@msn.com_168x250.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    R50 LES
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    There's someone in our village with J15 GUN
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    They're all rubbish, because (1) they're never quite right. If your name's Steve, it's not 51eve, it's Steve. (2) They assume anyone wants to read it. I wouldn't care if it said AB01CDE, why should I care that it says M332KAT? (3) They are overpriced, i.e., they cost anything at all over the normal registration fee. (4) They're marketed as "the perfect finishing touch" when they're about as classy as spray painting your name on the bonnet as a graffiti tag. Has anyone looked at someone else's shiny new car and thought that it needed a personalised plate to finish it off? Thought not.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Giraffoto wrote:
    Has anyone looked at someone else's shiny new car and thought that it needed a personalised plate to finish it off? Thought not.

Yes, actually.
    I have seen a few where TWA7 would be suitable.
    In particular a black Range Rover with huge body kit in gold.....
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Has anyone looked at someone else's shiny new car and thought that it needed a personalised plate to finish it off? Thought not.

Yes, actually.
    I have seen a few where TWA7 would be suitable.
    In particular a black Range Rover with huge body kit in gold.....

Good point well made ;)
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Giraffoto wrote:
    They're all rubbish, because (1) they're never quite right. If your name's Steve, it's not 51eve, it's Steve. (2) They assume anyone wants to read it. I wouldn't care if it said AB01CDE, why should I care that it says M332KAT? (3) They are overpriced, i.e., they cost anything at all over the normal registration fee. (4) They're marketed as "the perfect finishing touch" when they're about as classy as spray painting your name on the bonnet as a graffiti tag. Has anyone looked at someone else's shiny new car and thought that it needed a personalised plate to finish it off? Thought not.

Never understood why people feel the need for a W4NKA plate. Surely it aint difficult to remember a 7 digit number to identify your own car?
    I used to work with someone who had a personal plate, nothing flash, but even so, costing a few hundred quid. He used to agonise about changing his tyres, wanting to squeeze the last mile out of them. If you have money to spend on your car, do you get better tyres, upgrade the brakes or get a plate that says to the world, 'I'm a W4NKA'? Not a difficult choice.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    There are two tacky tw@ts around where I live who each have number plates that spell out LOADED in some form, I think they are 'couple'.

Every time I see them I'm truly impressed...

....by their arrogance, general lack of taste, bad driving and the fact that their cars are chavved up to f*ck.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Ballysmate wrote:
    I used to work with someone who had a personal plate, nothing flash, but even so, costing a few hundred quid. He used to agonise about changing his tyres, wanting to squeeze the last mile out of them. If you have money to spend on your car, do you get better tyres, upgrade the brakes or get a plate that says to the world, 'I'm a W4NKA'? Not a difficult choice.

Absolutely - I'd be more worried about getting my car* through the MOT each year than kitting it out with a pointless, overpriced accessory!

David

*If I owned one, that is.
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    I'm afraid I hold to the theory that personalised number plates are only owned by people of a certain, how can I put it, er "class". You know new money types.
    Bobby Davro would have one whereas Michael Palin would not.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Graham. wrote:
    I'm afraid I hold to the theory that personalised number plates are only owned by people of a certain, how can I put it, er "class". You know new money types.
    Too true. Can't beat the class of old money. Paris Hilton for example.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Giraffoto
    Graham. wrote:

It's not "class" in the sense of "socio-economic bracket" that's the issue, it's the "class" that's the opposite of utter bowel-loosening vulgarity as practised by anyone who's not merely content with spending a fortune on themselves in the most ostentatious and wasteful ways that humanity has yet devised, but is always trying to draw attention to themselves.
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Graham. wrote:

It's not "class" in the sense of "socio-economic bracket" that's the issue, it's the "class" that's the opposite of utter bowel-loosening vulgarity as practised by anyone who's not merely content with spending a fortune on themselves in the most ostentatious and wasteful ways that humanity has yet devised, but is always trying to draw attention to themselves.
    Indeed. That is the "Class" to which I referred. "Class" as in "Style". :D
  • Graham. wrote:

Palin's surname works better as a personalised reg plate, mind you!

David
  • Giraffoto wrote:
    Graham. wrote:

Funnily enough, I believe we've already mentioned Elton John in this thread....

David
  • Why the owner of a Honda Prelude chose the following reg is beyond me:

A6 NAL
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    DU11 FKR - I seen that on the way home a few weeks ago.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    Black BMW on the M6 many years ago... M1 NGE

Blue car very many years ago... BAD 13OY
  • Yet many of you have Spesh bikes proclaiming that you are consumate female homosexuals?

Tsk ... double standards ...
  • Giraffoto
    Yet many of you have Spesh bikes proclaiming that you are consumate female homosexuals?

Tsk ... double standards ...

I bought my Specialized because it was the best bike in the shop for my purpose. That my morals are more dubious than Jack the Ripper's is an entirely separate matter.
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    3d-euro_flag-blue_border-regular.png

Apparently available