What's your Christmas present to yourself this year?

#david2012
#david2012 Posts: 275
edited February 2014 in Road general
Always a hot topic, to get you thinking about your treat to yourself :D

Ok mines either some new (best) wheels for my focus or sell my defy one and put the money to the sale price and find a good second hand carbon bike that I can use over the winter months.

She won't let me have three bikes in the house :lol:

Comments

• #david2012 wrote:

Get a new wife then for Christmas.

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • A set of titanium forks
  • Mulling over a Kinesis pro6 cross bike or a steel frame of equivalent value.
  • Bill Gates wrote:
    #david2012 wrote:

Funny enough ....... I'm on my third
  • fancy a wheel truing stand myself...
    but iv been treating myself all year if im honest
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Bose soundlink mini if Santa thinks I've been good...
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    #david2012 wrote:
    Bill Gates wrote:
    #david2012 wrote:

Funny enough ....... I'm on my third

Well three's a charm
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Track Bike
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    colinbow wrote:
    A set of titanium forks

€49 ? :lol:

Early for Xmas but ordered on my birthday was a Garmin camera, should be delivered tomorrow or Monday.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Keeping it a bit low key this year. So far I've spent £15k on a new car £3k on a new watch and had a titanium road bike come into my castle. Daren't ask Santa for too much haha
  • I have ordered a set of HED Belgium C2 rims in full black a month ago, to build for my disc cross bike... but they have not arrived and they might not arrive before Christmas, as ther UK distributor seem to struggle with these... so my Christmas present to myself might simply be a length of Stan's tubeless tape... :(
    Oh well, at least I have not been charge for those yet...
    left the forum March 2023
  • bowdy1987 wrote:
    Keeping it a bit low key this year. So far I've spent £15k on a new car £3k on a new watch and had a titanium road bike come into my castle. Daren't ask Santa for too much haha

Bloody hell, you can buy a new car for £15k? DOes it come with an engine and stuff?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • bowdy1987 wrote:
    Keeping it a bit low key this year. So far I've spent £15k on a new car £3k on a new watch and had a titanium road bike come into my castle. Daren't ask Santa for too much haha

Bloody hell, you can buy a new car for £15k? DOes it come with an engine and stuff?

I did buy a new delivery mileage car for 8 K three years ago... :shock:
    left the forum March 2023
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Well gone a bit OTT. Was looking for a new winter frame but ended up buying a new Dolan Ares carbon race frame as it was 50% off. Now have new groupset and components to buy. At least it gives everyone some ideas of what I could do with rather than a very naff jumper and I can sneak into the workshop and get building with the bits that have already arrived.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • A Colnago C59 frame set.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Hopefully I'll get a knee that doesn't click painfully every five seconds or so, so that I can actually get out and do some bloody riding!!!
  • Sportful soft shell, Santa is bringing Vittario road shoes. I have been good!
  • Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    A 10 stop ND filter - on it's way from Germany (hopefully).
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    No pressie to myself this year but if I've been good hopefully Santa will bring me one of these....

image.jpg

8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Zendog1 wrote:
    A 10 stop ND filter - on it's way from Germany (hopefully).

I'm sure you'll love it when you get it.... Great for minimal black and whites. Hmmm, I wish I didn't love cycling so much as it stops me getting out so much with the camera.

And for Christmas for me? A power meter. (a combined birthday and Christmas and promotion present to myself!)
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    edited November 2013
  • Nairnster
    Nairnster Posts: 602
    edited November 2013
    Techincally my new frame, but contemplating a Deda Zero 100 white seatpost or some Planet X AL30 wheels.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Good on bikes at the moment so I bought myself entry to the Transcontinental :shock:
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • #david2012 wrote:

Put one in the garage ;)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Bought myself a Rapha Winter Jersey. First time out in it this morning and it's well worth the money !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Gpfanuk
    Gpfanuk Posts: 142
    My Felt AR5 (not made of felt either Nap!). Now to get some pedals off Santa and I will be good to go!
    Muddy Fox Hardtail Circa 1998
    Triban3
    Felt AR5
    ANC Halfords Peugeot (restored and ridden at Eroica 2015)
    A box of bits that will make a fine Harry Hall when I get round to it.
    Raleigh tandem of as yet unknown vintage - ongoing restoration for Eroica 2016
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Gpfanuk wrote:
    My Felt AR5 (not made of felt either Nap!). Now to get some pedals off Santa and I will be good to go!

Some pictures in the "your rides bikes" section pleeeaaaase. If it's a 2014 model then I'v e got Ar envy.
  • If I could afford another bike (!) I'd treat myself to a Cherubim Japanese Steel Frame, and build it up with top end Campag, but not this year anyway. For this Christmas I'm treating myself to 6 months of no drinking - honest!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    A new frameset courtesy of Mr Bob Parlee. Just finalised the custom paint job....should be here in time for build up over Christmas. I'm more excited about Christmas than my two pre-school daughters are.