Salisbury Plain Winter Challenge

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited December 2013 in Cyclocross
http://www.spamwinterchallenge.co.uk

Thinking of signing up for this predominantly MTB event, but wondered if I'd be ok on my Single speed crosser (Singlecross)? Would put some proper mud plugger tyres on, but wanted to hear if anyone on here has done this event on a 'cross bike and how was it? cheers
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• luv2ride
    Just had a look at some of the photos from last year and a fair number of cross bikes appear, but all seem to have more than one gear!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I might do that on my SSCX too.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Spoke to a few people who do it on 'crossers, and the website now says "run on the hard pack, all-weather trails of Salisbury Plain, as a descendant of the original Salisbury Plain Challenge, CX bikes are now also welcome!"

And here's a picture of Colin the 'Crosser, all covered in lovely Salisbury Plain mud. And yes, I know I'm probably breaking loads of unwritten rules with the 'guards, but they keep my ars* dry!

DirtyColinbampw.jpg
  • luv2ride
    glad to hear its ok for 'crossers, but question remains "gears or no gears" :)

(EDIT) oh, and also "what tyres"?? :lol: