White van man

eddiefiola
eddiefiola Posts: 344
edited December 2013 in Road general
on the 1st link we just get "This content is currently unavailable" probably because of FB privacy settings.

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    eddiefiola wrote:
    on the 1st link we just get "This content is currently unavailable" probably because of FB privacy settings.

Me too, you might have to give us the jist
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • You can find it lower down on his timeline.

Take screen shots take to police. Sounds like assault.

Is there a criminal equivalent to a Darwin Award ?
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Screenshot for posterity
    The road tax thing never gets old, does it? :roll:
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Unfortunately we have to accept that there is a significant minority of folks out there who are complete twonkers, some of whom drive vans, some of whom ride bikes. Trying to reason with these individuals just doesn't work and confrontation just creates more division. I'm not saying we have to tolerate unacceptable behaviour but it does show we don't live in the kind of world Nick Clegg dreams of (the one where we are all equal, everyone is nice and no one comes second).
  • I'm sure use of LOL could be a basis for an IQ.
  • doesnt really tell us much other than a cyclist hit his van?
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I don't mean to state the obvious, but isn't this very similar to the emma way assault jobbie? Report it!
    Insert bike here:
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    mpatts wrote:
    I don't mean to state the obvious, but isn't this very similar to the emma way assault jobbie? Report it!

this is worse from the sound of it, it sounds like he actually pushed him off his bike? in the other case the accident was decided not to be her fault but not stopping or reporting it was the issue.

what is the OPs side of the story? hard to get too much from the facebook posts
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I'd definitely be reporting it. The nob has admitted assaulting a cyclist. And now his mates told him theres a game that involves knocking more people off - he'll carry on unless someone puts him right.

And he's easily contactable too - "Owner-Operator at Premier Mobile Tyres"

I won't be using their services any time soon.
  • What actually happened however ? ?? ??

The driver must have been antagonised in some way unless he just knocked a person off on purpose / accident and didn't stop? - If thats the case OP 100% needs to report it.

Or were you being di**s and blocking the road or antagonising him?
  • ednino
    ednino Posts: 684
    Should go straight to the police with this
  • He also seems know naff-all about Facebook privacy. Does he really want everyone to be able to read about Mia and Kayleigh, and his offensive discussions with his friends? :shock:

Definite Darwin Award material - or at least Electronic Darwin Award.

Some of the statements he and his friends make on what is a publicly available website (due probably to his incompetence) potentially leave him open to prosecution.
  • cant see his time line in work, but in music he has metallica & then "anything but not r & b" err what?
  • Not only does he drive a white van, but he has an imitation Chelsea tractor - Black Range Rover Evoque -LG13XVC
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    So are we to understand that the cyclist 'hit the side of the van' presumably because of some alleged driving misdemeanour ... And van man decided to knock him off his bike?
  • The guy has a seperate "business" doing up ............ bikes! Yep, he does up BMX's

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evolutio ... 5149444097
  • Simmo72
    Simmo72 Posts: 262
    Weaselcock, though Amazed he worked out how to create a fb account
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Simmo72 wrote:
    Weaselcock, though Amazed he worked out how to create a fb account

I imagine he had help from Mia and Kayleigh...
  • So a fat pretend body builder with a passion for UFC and bullying people with his van. Sounds like a charming fella.

Sounds like a bunch of tossers in the pub. "Yeah mate I was THIS close to hitting him let me tell you" (but then didn't cos I shit myself at having a confrontation with a real person face to face where I might get filled in).
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • gezebo
    gezebo Posts: 364
    So the OP or his group hit a van and are surprised that he was a little upset and ranted about it online (a bit like the OP!)?

Without any further detail then surely this thread is just moaning about a random van driver who got hit by some guys on a club run.

Think you need to move it over to cycle-chat.
  • silence so far from OP...

either hes gone to the cops, or it wasn't quite like he made out...

Whats happening OP?
  • he's obviously a top of the range ball-bag.white van man thinks he can cut up everybody on the road and thinks he's got a god given right to do it.
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    I want a sign on my bike that says "I also drive a car". Because I do - and I pay "road tax" whatever that is, I think they mean Vehicle Excise Duty - of which only 9% is spent on the roads.

If motorists are annoyed at having to pay VED, why don't they take it up with the Government, since it is the Government (not cyclists) that charge them that tax?

Where do they draw the line? Does someone have to pay VED if they cross the street on foot? Why not, they are using the road.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    My reading between the lines in the absence of any further from the Op...

Arrogant confrontational cyclist got cut up by white van man and decided to bash on the side of the van
    Arrogant confrontational van man gets out and removes cyclist from his bicycle. Cyclist clearly chose the wrong guy to have a Barney with and got his come uppance. Van man does a wee take on Facebook with his mates in Emma way style, mainly about arrogant confrontational cyclists who think they own the road. Sounds like a marriage made in heaven...

Move on folks, nothing to see here...
  • Agree, we've only got one side of the story, meanwhile the otherside's facebook page, details etc have been publicised here as if he is the guilty party. If there was a case to answer why not go the police in the first place?
  • Jehannum
    Jehannum Posts: 107
    I'm surprised his facebook includes his date of birth, visible for all to see. Plus, his wife's name and the fact he lives in Caversham would make it easy to find him on 192.com, if you were willing to pay a couple of quid for his full details.

This illustrates that people ought to be much more careful about their personal information, whether or not they're guilty of assault.
    Reduce your carbon footprint - ride a metal bike!