What crankset to use on an S Works Amira

ericklopez
ericklopez Posts: 6
edited April 2014 in Workshop
Im building a 2012 Specialized Amira S Works frame set for my wife, and wanted to know what crankset to use?
I got the frame set for a great deal and I wish i could afford to get her Sram Reds or Ultegra or Dura Ace components like the bike originally comes with. but a 10 speed sram apex or 105 would be a great upgrade to her old 9 speed sora/tiagra group that she currently has on her Allez bike.
I was told that the S Works frame has a pressed fit BB30 bottom bracket and that I would need a 30mm spindle for it to fit properly.
would the 105 or apex group set work with the pressed fit BB30?

Comments

• I think you'd need an adaptor.

However! I do have a lovely pair of Sworks cranks for sale? (See classifieds)
  • DHTT
    DHTT Posts: 345
    You'll need an Adaptor for 105 cranks, a lot of the FSA Cranks are BB30, on my Supersix which everything else was 105 its a FSA Gossamer Crankset.
  • DHA987S
    DHA987S Posts: 284
    Does the Amira have the OSBB? If so I would recommend the praxis works conversion kit, fits better in the frame and you can then run shimano cranks.
  • thanks everyone, sorry for the late reply but I went with a bb30 fsa hollow carbon SL-K crank and a full shimano 105 gear set, fsa gossamer brakes, an ultegra cassette and chain...everything set me back around $600 which is a steal...installed everything myself and it turned out perfect...my wife couldn't be happier :)