Sports headphones

rapid_donkey
rapid_donkey Posts: 448
edited January 2014 in The hub
I run 4-5 miles a few times a week. Ive currently got some in ear headphones that wrap around each ear, but when i get sweaty they slide out and sit a bit low.
Anybody got any suggestions for some decent ones?

Comments

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    I have a set of Sennheiser PMX 680i Sports Headphones and they have served me very well.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Bang & Olufsen Earset 3i. It is what a lot of the top pro teams use also and there is a classic picture of Spartacus after the 2013 Paris Roubaix with his still in while he is flat out on his back!

8-)

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • So you already have the ear buds with the plastic semi circle that fits over your ear? If so and that is what is sliding off, I would go with good ol' fashioned headphones. Sometimes simpler is better. Headphones aren't going to go anywhere.
  • Cookeh
    Cookeh Posts: 351
    flywheel88 wrote:
    So you already have the ear buds with the plastic semi circle that fits over your ear? If so and that is what is sliding off, I would go with good ol' fashioned headphones. Sometimes simpler is better. Headphones aren't going to go anywhere.

No, he has IEMs and wraps the cable behind his ear, making them fit better and more securely as well as eliminating cable rub.

OP, I would honestly just try different size buds - the issue could just be that you dont have a proper seal with them, allowing them to slide out. I've had all manner of IEMs and its very rare for them to slip out, regardless of activity - lifting, skiing, cycling, sprinting, etc.

I certainly wouldn't buy a headphone made specifically for "sport use" as you can almost guarantee the sound quality will be crap for the price.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Klipsh S4ii

Amazon have them at half price just now. Phenomenal sound quality.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    There is a roadie who runs the website musictoyourears website, fantastic advice and pretty good prices

Pm if you want his email