Let me get this straight.....

natsnoz
natsnoz Posts: 235
edited November 2013 in Road general
Am i going mad, or did i read somewhere that 11 speed shimano will work with 11 speed campag???

If so, i can get a shimano 11 speed hub, with 11 speed ultegra casette whilst using everything else campag?

Comments

• No, the splines will be different. The problem with Shimergo historically was the sprocket spacing was different. If the 11x spacing is the same between Campag and Shimano 11x then you could fit a Shimano spec'd 11x wheel & cassette to a Campag system and vice versa
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    natsnoz wrote:
    Am i going mad, or did i read somewhere that 11 speed shimano will work with 11 speed campag???

If so, i can get a shimano 11 speed hub, with 11 speed ultegra casette whilst using everything else campag?

Yes, according what I have read where people are confirming the spacing between 11 Speed Shimano and Campag 11 is the same, as Mr Punch says 'that's the way to do it'.

Wooliferkins has misread what you said and started his post with 'No' when he actually is confirming what you are saying.
  • Quite correct I did misread ultegra into something nice and Italian Mea Culpa
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Yep, that's right
    left the forum March 2023
  • natsnoz
    How about chains then? As long as 11 speed?
  • natsnoz wrote:
    How about chains then? As long as 11 speed?

yep, match the chain to the cassette, not the chainring
    left the forum March 2023
  • natsnoz
    Thanks, you're very helpful.
  • Found this amongst the usual vaguery of t'tinterweb. Seems it does work on mechanicals
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed