Storck!

norwichdanny
norwichdanny Posts: 105
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
HI all,
Just thought I would post a quick update,
Although the quattro's were perfectly fine, they never really looked the part (vain, I know!) and when planet x had their 12 days of xmas sale I was forced to get these!
The only other addition has been yokozuna cable set.
Put about 500 miles into it now and it seems to get better with each ride.
Only change now will be to swap for a compact as 3 tough days in the lake district in june, i think ill need it!
[img][/img]13306383034_f0348e9da5_o.jpg
storck by norwichdanny, on Flickr

Hi everyone,
I've spent the last 6 months or so collecting the parts for this and finally put it all together a few weeks ago.
It took me a while to decide what i wanted, but I knew that I wanted something a little bit different, so finally settled on a Storck, as you don't see many around here. Quite surprised when the same one popped up a few weeks ago on this forum!
I've also had campy and shimano in the past so was keen to try SRAM.
Anyway here she is with the full spec below.
6vlz.jpg
xnec.jpg

Frame: Storck Scenero G1 size 57
Forks: Storck Stilleto Aero
Headset: Storck headset AL-24SE integrated
Bars: Ritchey WCS Logic ll Road Bars - Wet White 42cm
Stem: Ritchey Comp 4-axis Stem White 80mm
Bar Tape: SRAM Supercork Bar Tape
Brakes: SRAM Force
Shifters: Red Doubletap Shifter/Brake Lever
Cables: Gore Ride on Low friction
Front Mech: Sram Force 10 Speed
Rear Mech: Sram Force 1o Speed
Seat: Prologo Scratch Pro Ti 1.4 Saddle
Seat Post: Ritchey Pro V2 Seat Post
Chainset: SRAM Red Black
Chain: Kmc X10 Light
Cassette: Sram Pg1070 12-26
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Stainless
Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP Team Bottom Bracket
Wheels: Fulcrum Racing Quattro
Tube: Maxxis MVS Ultralight
Tire: Hutchinson Atom Comp
Accessories:
2 x Elite Custom Race Resin Cage Stealth
Garmin Edge 500 Red

Comments

• matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Really like that.
    Its nice to see some colour

What was the reason for buying a Storck?

Matt
  • Thanks Matt,
    Not entirely sure why! I guess i just like the idea of having something which is a bit uncommon and not sold in many places. I always thought a storck would be way out of my price range but then came across some of the discounts on hibike and i was sold. The newer version of the scenero is all black which i really like, but again seems quite common nowadays, plus this version has the bsa bottom bracket shell which i prefer.
    I had the intention of upgrading the wheels after christmas, but i've been really pleasantly surprised at the quattros.
    Danny.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    That looks very good, liking the frame colour.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Thats as good a reason as any Danny.
    Fair play, its lovely

Matt
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    It's a beauty! 8)
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • oldbazza wrote:
    It's a beauty! 8)
    +1
  • Every time someone on here puts up pictures of a Storck a small part of my soul dies from jealousy. Absolutely gorgeous!
  • oldbazza wrote:
    It's a beauty! 8)
    +1
    Moi aussi, je suis d'accord avec lui.

There's something very Focus Cayo, Scott CR1 about the backseep of the for legs just below the crown race. Interesting characteristics.

It looks fat, as if Klein was making carbon bikes. Hey, both are German so maybe there's a DNA connection.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639

It looks fat, as if Klein was making carbon bikes. Hey, both are German so maybe there's a DNA connection.

There certainly is. I believe that Marcus Storck worked for Klein.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    That's such a handsome bike

I'm interested in your choice of wheels - how come you went for the Quattros - many have commented that they're not the lightest for the price?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Hi Sam,
    There is a few reasons why i went for the quattros, but mainly i wanted something fairly strong. I've had the 5's and 7's and both have been battered and still remain true and spin freely. I also wanted wheels with a bit of depth as shallow rims just look wrong on the chunky storck frame. I had intended to get some from the wheelsmith but xmas is approaching and apparently the kids want presents!! Over halloween Acycles had the quattros reduced to £195 so that was that! It's fair to say that the mountains here in Norfolk are not that challenging either!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    'andsome...
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Hi Sam,
    There is a few reasons why i went for the quattros, but mainly i wanted something fairly strong. I've had the 5's and 7's and both have been battered and still remain true and spin freely. I also wanted wheels with a bit of depth as shallow rims just look wrong on the chunky storck frame. I had intended to get some from the wheelsmith but xmas is approaching and apparently the kids want presents!! Over halloween Acycles had the quattros reduced to £195 so that was that! It's fair to say that the mountains here in Norfolk are not that challenging either!

Fair enough! Lovely bike, looks really...trick!

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Very smart. Is the frog on the chain stay wishbone a SRAM froggy or part of the original paint job ? If it's a SRAM frog where did you get it ?
  • Hi,
    The frog comes from ebay, if you type in sram decals, you will find it. £2 for a sheet of ten i think. really good quality and I think it looks quite good with this!
    I got them to use on the headtube to protect from cable rub.
  • I'm a die-hard Wilier Fan (I've had 3 and currently finally have my dream bike, a Cento Uno) - however, there's a Storck dealer near me in Maidstone and I popped in the other day just for a nosey round....you have to make an appointment and everything. :?

Anyway, the guys there were really accommodating and the bikes were absolutely stunning from the Scenaro up to the Fascinario and some equally gorgeous custom painted jobbies. :shock:

I think yours looks awesome and I agree, well done for getting something a little different - too many Giants/Canyons/Specializeds, Stealth bombers around....nothing against them, sure they're great bikes, just like something a little different and I think you've got a cracker there.....

Enjoy it :D
  • Thanks N-A-H!
    Actually before I decided on the storck i had been looking at the wiliers and in particular this one...
    http://www.salden.nl/default.asp?pid=53 ... catid=2955
    I remember seeing yours on here, one word....awesome!!!
    Thanks for the comments, and i totally agree with you, i could spend the whole winter staring!
    Each morning i get on the c'dale for the ride to work and am tempted!