camrc - your vote counts

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited November 2013 in The bottom bracket
bb is getting dull, the commitee has met, considered carefully the contents of the chat en oeuf winebox, accompanied by sundry nibbles, and hereby proclaims the inaugural post for the campaign to reinstate cleat
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Of course all should be reinstated it's only a friggin' forum FFS!

wouldn't happen at mumsnet :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    mumsnet has more balls than some sections on here.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    Like Totally Dude :shock:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Apparently Cleat isn't banned and yet he can't log in, very strange. He was a rose among thorns :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • I am completely ignorant of what happened with cleat et al - what he/they said, why he/they got banned etc. I 'pop into' these forums as a way of getting a quick fix on what's being discussed in the world of 2 wheels etc.

All I know is that cleat, and many others here (all you regular Cake Stop/Bottom Bracket dudes) have provided much fun, debate and entertainment over the years. In many ways you ARE all BikeRadar.com, the reason we all visit the website after all, and if the 'powers that be' are listening I would advise them to understand that, without characters and personalities, and the occasional 'risqué' comment and even downright obscenity, then this and any other forum will just become a politically correct and barren wasteland of boredom and sterility. We're all adults here - if we didn't expect the odd profanity then we wouldn't be here after all, and I know that the corporate world is totally terrified of getting sued and all that, but for f****s sake please give us all a bit of adult based respect and let us have a bit of fun now and then.

I'll get me coat.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    What colour is it, and does it have deep pockets
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    seanoconn wrote:
    Apparently Cleat isn't banned and yet he can't log in, very strange. He was a rose among thorns :(
    Someone needs to put a word in for him in the 'Discuss' section. Could be a techy problems rather than a conspiracy - the forum still has an IP ban on my work IP addy for reasons the BR IT crowd cannot fathom.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Jim453/453.2, you have a fairly unique perspective on the subject.

Why were you banned ie what did you say to whom?
    Do you think it was fair?
    Why did you come back?
    Do you think 'they' have a right to ban adults from a forum?
    On other forums they don't have swear filters, why do you think it's necessary on BB?
    Why is it that 'they' can tell their customers (if it's what we are) what to do?
    Shouldn't it be the other way round?
    Are the ones that pay the money Bike Radar or is it the people?
    Why do you think it has gone downhill since you left?
    What are you going to do to put it back on course?
    What did you when you '"sacked it off" that was less irritating than being here?

Just interested in your (or others) thoughts on the subject...
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    team47b wrote:
    What did you when you '"sacked it off" that was less irritating than being here?

When I flounced off in the huff at being banned, I found that it freed up time to do menial stuff that needed doing, which in turn freed up time for fun stuff. A week cycling in Mallorca helped. :P :wink:
    I find that I am now spending less time on here at home as it slowly slides down the hill to oblivion.
    Finding a better alternative at work on the other hand..... :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    seanoconn wrote:

I struggle to log in too. On some computers the login just freezes, also happens with some browsers on other PCs where one works.

The older I get, the better I was.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Capt Slog wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I struggle to log in too. On some computers the login just freezes, also happens with some browsers on other PCs where one works.
    I thought log in problems were fairly recent. Cleat's been unable to log in since early August.

My source is very suspect for this information.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    The BB lament

Will ye no come back again?
    Will ye no come back again?
    Better lo'ed ye canna be,
    Will ye no come back again
    ?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    seanoconn wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I thought log in problems were fairly recent. Cleat's been unable to log in since early August.

My source is very suspect for this information.

For me it started in May! Luckily I'm logged-in according to IE, so I can still use that (at home). In chrome I can see the board as normal but it won't let me login.

By coincidence, when I posted on here about this issue, Cleat posted that he'd had problems due to a "tracking extension" which wouldn't let him login under Chrome, but was OK with FF.

The older I get, the better I was.

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Jim453.2 wrote:
    I was banned (I presume) and couldn't log in for weeks so tried to set up other accounts etc but it wouldn't let me. So I sacked it off and did something less irritating for a year or so.

Don't know why I'm back if I'm honest, this place has gone seriously downhill.

Shame Cleat's gone. He was quite funny. Occasionally.

Good to see you back Jim !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Jim453.2 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Jim453/453.2, you have a fairly unique perspective on the subject.

Why were you banned ie what did you say to whom?
    Do you think it was fair?
    Why did you come back?
    Do you think 'they' have a right to ban adults from a forum?
    On other forums they don't have swear filters, why do you think it's necessary on BB?
    Why is it that 'they' can tell their customers (if it's what we are) what to do?
    Shouldn't it be the other way round?
    Are the ones that pay the money Bike Radar or is it the people?
    Why do you think it has gone downhill since you left?
    What are you going to do to put it back on course?

I was banned (I presume) for engaging in banter with the diminutive Mr Chasey. It went fairly smoothly for a while but then he seemed to lose his composure somewhat and called me a paedophile (classily illustrated with a picture of Jimmy Savile). He banned me immediately afterward. I expect he's somewhat embarrassed now but to be honest I don't blame the little fellow and harbour no ill-feeling toward him. In truth I was acting like a total moron and trying to antagonise him at every opportunity. I probably deserved a bit of a ban. Perhaps not the permanent one I received but there are worse things happening in the world so I didn't let it worry me.

I've been very busy anyway so the break was not unwelcome. Nothing in particular, just stuff.

There do appear to be a few new faces around here and some notable complete whoppers. They may be useful for some amusing exchanges in the absence of Richard though so the more the merrier.

What's been going on? Have loads of others been banned also? Why?

No one else has ever been banned, it's just you, you must be special :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn