Custom Cube HPA Reaction PRO

chachasunni
chachasunni Posts: 32
edited March 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Hey guys my Cube reaction nearly complete except a few finishing touches hope you like :D

1479525_681576855221040_818785803_n_zps84ada033.jpg

1450329_681576395221086_2019270044_n_zps4497fdd1.jpg

1470341_681576778554381_222619321_n_zps16b64702.jpg

1461811_681576825221043_339578126_n_zps7f480990.jpg

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Loving the pimped Bluebird, is it a turbo?
  • yes mate its a 1990 blurbird turbo currently undergoing some work bigger turbo intercooler engine build, im into my rare cars too
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    must be fast to have vents on the rear quarters ;)
  • Love the way that there is such a gorgeous bike, and no one has said anything about it :P Like the different colours on the tyres front and back, works well.

How are you finding those rotors? Im wondering if they are any good, because i was considering them at one point, but i settled for a different set in the end.
  • LOOOOL, Its ok back in 1990 it was probably like having the GTR now, Just going to get it around 320hp mark :D, Its more of a rare car than super fast :P
  • Thanks GT, Ive spent abit of money on this need to buy a gold chain red jockey wheels coloured cables and then its about complete, I have a special love for Gt's my previous bike which was stolen was a fully customised Gt aggressor 2 i do miss it :(, The rotars work well for me i don't really do any serious riding or races, My other car is even more rare ill get some snaps in-front of that too lol
  • Kowalski675
    Just going to get it around 320hp mark :D

You mad f**k :lol: Brilliant, can I have a drive in it, lol? Mid nineties I had a cherry red 5 door 1.8, and we always thought it would be great to drop a turbo lump in and paint starsky and hutch stripes on it :lol: It handled like a barge though, 320bhp should be interesting... :lol: It must be one of the last ones if it's a 1990.

Got any pics of the full car?
  • Kowalski675
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    must be fast to have vents on the rear quarters ;)

Fast as f**k mate - mine could do about a thousand miles per hour. In third gear. :lol:
  • Matt-r8
    I remember them well. Lad I bought my AX GT 500 off about 12 years ago, was tuning up a very nice one. Think he was dropping the motor in from a Skyline GTS-T. Never did see the finished product.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Isn't a Nobby Nic supposed to be more grippy than the Rocket Ron? I'd have put those on the other way round.

I like it though (other than those wheels, which would terrify me as a larger man).
  • Kowalski675
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    I remember them well. Lad I bought my AX GT 500 off about 12 years ago, was tuning up a very nice one. Think he was dropping the motor in from a Skyline GTS-T. Never did see the finished product.

It's probably upside down in a ditch... :lol:
  • Wow a toyota with a skyline engine that would be a interesting swap don't know if the car chassis could handle the power probably would end up in a ditch lol, I will take you for a spin if im ever in Yorkshire i will take you for a spin hopefully not a literal one the cherry turbos were fun ive also got a mazda 323 turbo 4x4 1989 need to get it on the road though, Im not too sure about the tyres i just went for the red stripes as part of the colour scheme would it be worth to get ceramic bearings???
  • Kowalski675
    that would be a interesting swap don't know if the car chassis could handle the power

The chassis couldn't handle the power of the normally aspirated 1.8 in mine. Christ on a bike, it redefined understeer. :lol: I did spin it once on the way to work, on a road only a few inches wider than the car was long - miraculously avoided the walls and a telegraph pole and came to rest with the fromt bumper just kissing the left wall and nothing more than a few blades of grass in the radiator grille to show for it. :lol:

would it be worth to get ceramic bearings???

On the bike or in the turbo? :lol:
  • Matt-r8
    toyota? i meant the Nissan. I've had a few quick Jap motors. first was a starlet GTturbo (EP82), couple of impreza's followed, including a V4 STI. but the most fun was a 96spec DC2 integra Type R. My street triple is up for sale now, so may end up with another Jap motor for tooling about in. Like the Civic type R ep3, S2000 or maybe even the 350Z, although that is probably a little too thirsty.
  • Kowalski675
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    but the most fun was a 96spec DC2 integra Type R... Like the S2000

I met a girl a few times earlier this year who had a JDM Integra type R and S2000... :wink: Why you selling your Striple? I'm seriously considering selling mine in spring (if I can be bothered spending all the time converting back as close to OE spec a spossible), I've not ridden it this year.
  • Matt-r8
    Because when I ride on my own I end up well in to 3 figures far too often. I've tried to reign it in a little, but that's just boring. Time to sell up and by a track bike before I do myself or others a nasty injury!
    I want to see my kids grow up.
  • Kowalski675
    Yeah, I know what you mean. That's one of the things that's great about the StripleR - you can have plenty of fun ragging it down tight, twisty, drystone wall lined B roads that are too twisty to get much into three figures anyway (of which we have plenty up here). 140mph on a naked bike's just bloody uncomfortable anyway, and straights are no fun. A track bike on its own wouldn't interest me, but I'd have one as well as a road bike. If I sell mine I might buy a cheap enduro bike, always fancied doing some trail riding.
  • @lexD
    @lexD Posts: 340
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    toyota? i meant the Nissan. I've had a few quick Jap motors. first was a starlet GTturbo (EP82), couple of impreza's followed, including a V4 STI. but the most fun was a 96spec DC2 integra Type R. My street triple is up for sale now, so may end up with another Jap motor for tooling about in. Like the Civic type R ep3, S2000 or maybe even the 350Z, although that is probably a little too thirsty.

Tasty collection I have owned a mugen kitted and modified ep3 TR and a S2000 wished I had sold neither if I am honest.

Would love a FD type R but that's a another story .

Very nice build on the cube looks like it should be a factory option 8)
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    Really nice cube... although am not sure on your pedal choice, do you not like clipless or couldn't find any in red?
  • It came with clipless pedals but im not a big fan of them as i dont do any extreme riding or racing, I need to but some more flashier pedals maybe something to also get to add to the bike
  • Matt-r8
    Red DMR Vaults. It's what I have on my Stiffee.
  • A new stable mate other bikes for sale if anyone's interested

20140222_142314_zps53fe560a.jpg

20140222_120816_zps4f764318.jpg

20140222_142309_zpsfca7b006.jpg