New bike bianchi

pizzaboy11
pizzaboy11 Posts: 4
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi this is my new bike bianchi via niron 7 zenon camp 2013 i love it .I have added celest bartape gold skewres
a michlin tyres D7037726-E89D-499B-A10E-FEC7615489C4_zps0a4hvp7k.jpg?t=1385129028

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    I know these things are personal! but IMO get rid of the gold bits, especially the q/r seat post clamp and get some more discreet pedals or better still clipless.

Otherwise its a cracker, good choice.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    ^^ wot he said... Skewers always on non-drive side because, well, it's just 'right'. ;)

Nice bike and I hope you enjoy!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Ah, just noticed people have already mentioned the skewers in this thread. Can't believe no-one noticed the dork disc, rip it off and destroy it with fire!
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Very nice. The best colour for a bike IMO. Clipless has always seemed an unnecessary expense to me - whatever the manufacturers' claim, most independent tests have always demonstrated that aid in applying UPWARD force to pedalling action is pretty much a myth. Clips to prevent feet sliding forward (and off) especially in wet weather are hoever beneficial.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    meagain wrote:
    Very nice. The best colour for a bike IMO. Clipless has always seemed an unnecessary expense to me - whatever the manufacturers' claim, most independent tests have always demonstrated that aid in applying UPWARD force to pedalling action is pretty much a myth. Clips to prevent feet sliding forward (and off) especially in wet weather are hoever beneficial.

You have completely missed the point.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    QR seatclamp on a road bike - why?
  • declan1
    Imposter wrote:
    QR seatclamp on a road bike - why?

For those gnarly descents...

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Could be handy during initial setup rides, before marking the post height and changing back to a bolt.

Dont think thats what its being used for here though.
  • dereko
    dereko Posts: 55
    I was looking for a seat post clamp on the bay... Surprisingly hard to find a hex bolt one?
    I love these bike bikes though, personally, the blacker you make everything except bar tape and saddle, really makes the frame stand out 8)
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "You have completely missed the point."

Which was? Aesthetic only? An irrelevance.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • declan1
    meagain wrote:

In fact there are rather a lot of 'points' and if you think that aesthetics are the only reason people use clipless pedals you are obviously missing them as well.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Dereko wrote:
    I was looking for a seat post clamp on the bay... Surprisingly hard to find a hex bolt one?

seriously? there's loads on there...
  • dereko
    dereko Posts: 55
    Most are nasty q/r's from china
  • There are still loads of non quick release ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw= ... p&_sacat=0
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    meagain wrote:

If clipless pedals didn't provide any benefits whatsoever, why would every pro have been using them for the past 20+ years? The attachment they give between foot and pedal is ultra-secure which aids pedalling and removes the risk of slipping off a pedal. Or are you on a wind up?
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    declan1 wrote:
    meagain wrote:

In fact there are rather a lot of 'points' and if you think that aesthetics are the only reason people use clipless pedals you are obviously missing them as well.

The only reason pros ride clipped in is to stop their feet sliding out sideways, obvz. 8)
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    tim wand wrote:
    I know these things are personal! but IMO get rid of the gold bits, especially the q/r seat post clamp and get some more discreet pedals or better still clipless.

Otherwise its a cracker, good choice.
    ^^This
  • Hi thanks for your coments i have changed the skewers to the right side now, who likes the tyres im not sure yet :oops:
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I think the tyres look alright to be fair