Mudgard Advise Please

flyer
flyer Posts: 608
edited November 2013 in Road beginners
I have just bought a Boardman CX with 700 x 37 and I bought some SKS blades today but they won't fit.

can anyone recommend some mudguards for commuting

Many thanks

flyer

Comments

• I've got the exact same bike and ended up with a pair of Axiom guards (Roadrunner LX Reflex by the look of them on the Axiom website)

Nice easy(ish) fit. Had to forego one of the supports on the L/H front guard and put a slight bend in the L/H front support other to get around the brake disc calliper, but fitted in 20-30 mins max.

£27 from my LBS (http://www.teamcycles.org/shop/view/-156)
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    SKS chromoplastic will fit disc bikes and give better coverage than blades. You need to put some bends in the front/RHS stay to route under the disc caliper.
  • flyer
    flyer Posts: 608
    Dazza993 wrote:
    I've got the exact same bike and ended up with a pair of Axiom guards (Roadrunner LX Reflex by the look of them on the Axiom website)

Nice easy(ish) fit. Had to forego one of the supports on the L/H front guard and put a slight bend in the L/H front support other to get around the brake disc calliper, but fitted in 20-30 mins max.

£27 from my LBS (http://www.teamcycles.org/shop/view/-156)

thanks, These look spot on and good to know they fit the same bike

Cheers
  • I think they might come in different widths so might be worth a call to make sure you order the right width for the 35mm tyres on the Team CX.