Messed up front and rear mech

Cqc
Cqc Posts: 951
edited November 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi just been a major idiot when adjusting high and low limit screws on front and rear mechs. I undid the pinch bolts as you are meant to, adjusted the pins, wound in the barrel adjusters, and re did up the pinch bolts and now neither mech will shift! The rear mech lever won't even move and is stuck on the smallest rear sprocket, while the front mech's lever moves, but doesn't move the mech much and so the chain stays on the smallest chainring. Please help! I have 3x9 SRAM X7 no clutch mech. Thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Read Parktools
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ps what pins?

And presumably when you set the low (rear) and high (front) you pushed the mech to the right position - sounds like you just had them on the small cog/ring and wound them all the way in.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    ... Or you had your shifters fully pushed in when you tightened the pinch bolts up again. Be sure to have released the shifters all the way down before you tighten
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • bennyy
    bennyy Posts: 141
    Make sure the shifter and derrailer are in the same position, ie. If the mech is on the bottom chainring, make sure the shifter is in the bottom chainring