Farmers Again, have ur say

Comments

• dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    Respect to all farmers, where would we be without them, wont have a bad word said about these hard working people, :P
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    pliptrot wrote:
    less than 1% of the population own 87% of the land and they get enormous subsidies (if it were you or me then these payments would be called benefits) to do this. The cost involved actually dwarf the payments to banks after they f%^ked up. Unbelievable.

Farmers do undoubtedly receive subsidies, but would you be prepared to pay the full unsubsidised price for your food? If you take away all subsidies, the vast majority of farming would be no longer economically viable.

Talking of Pedantry ........... I hear the sound of Infinitives being split. :shock:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Cyclopath wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    pliptrot wrote:
    less than 1% of the population own 87% of the land and they get enormous subsidies (if it were you or me then these payments would be called benefits) to do this. The cost involved actually dwarf the payments to banks after they f%^ked up. Unbelievable.

Farmers do undoubtedly receive subsidies, but would you be prepared to pay the full unsubsidised price for your food? If you take away all subsidies, the vast majority of farming would be no longer economically viable.

Talking of Pedantry ........... I hear the sound of Infinitives being split. :shock:

My grammar has been found lacking. I intend to lock myself in the study. Glass of whisky and a revolver. I can see no other option. :cry:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Cyclopath wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    pliptrot wrote:

My grammar has been found lacking. I intend to lock myself in the study. Glass of whisky and a revolver. I can see no other option. :cry:

Don't do that Bally - you'll singe your fur.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    i missed!
  • dave02
    What did you miss with, have you got a wet front or a hole in the wall. :?
  • ballysmate
    dave02 wrote:
    What did you miss with, have you got a wet front or a hole in the wall. :?

Both. Made a hole in the wall with the errant bullet and the sound made me wet myself. :oops:
  • dave02
    In the old cowboy films they used to pour whiskey on bullet wounds, throw some on the wall and shoot yourself on the wet patch, cover both bases, i was all ways a Indian when we played, they wore SKORTS made from bison hide and wore war paint. :arrow:
  • ballysmate
    dave02 wrote:
    In the old cowboy films they used to pour whiskey on bullet wounds, throw some on the wall and shoot yourself on the wet patch, cover both bases, i was all ways a Indian when we played, they wore SKORTS made from bison hide and wore war paint. :arrow:

Oh I see where your skorts idea came from. You have issues from your childhood when you were made to wear girls' clothes and make up. :shock:
  • dave02
    Who was made to. :D ived liked bison ever since
  • pinno
    Moon winks forty drum beats for TATANKA to rumble over hill to mighty Sitting dave02's wigwam. Many cold nights made warm by Tatanka skin skorts.
  • dave02
    Not many Bison round here anymore, and the smoke signals get mixed up in the smog, its full of palefaces, i once saw a Black Bear Bottom and Two Dogs Fu----g but that was years ago. :?
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    seanoconn wrote:
    Some have daughters.

:lol: /thread
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    CAP reforms mean they no longer get subsidies to produce lakes of milk or mountains of grain or butter. Instead they are paid to keep the countryside looking nice and encouraging wildlife etc.

Anyway, working for an agrochemical company, I won't hear a bad word said about them as they are indirectly helping me buy bikes and fatten up my pension.
  • dave02
    I dont approve of you having a FAT pension get it to eat less isa's and more healthy money, you could do a Triathalon , swim the milk lake run up the butter mountain and Ride the system like the farmers. :P
  • pinno
    dave02 wrote:
    I dont approve of you having a FAT pension get it to eat less isa's and more healthy money, you could do a Triathalon , swim the milk lake run up the butter mountain and Ride the system like the farmers. :P

Chapeau mate, that is the first bit of sense you have ever written.
  • dave02
    OMG i am cured :shock: it must have been when that sugar beet fell off the back of a trailer and hit me in the BB.
  • You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth, and the plums have mutated and they have got beaks. You make pigs smoke. You feed beef burgers to swans. You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because the don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small. Do you deny that? No, I think his silence speaks volumes.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    This ^^ :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth, and the plums have mutated and they have got beaks. You make pigs smoke. You feed beef burgers to swans. You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because the don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small. Do you deny that? No, I think his silence speaks volumes.

Is this a late entry for the pure bollox spouting competition?

It's as good as I have seen since dave02 arrived on the scene and seen as he is now cured, someone has to take up the mantle.
  • dave02
    Guilty :|
    Its cover the road in shit at the moment, but its ok , they put bits of wood at the side of the road to tell us.
    MUD ON ROAD. no fu
    g kidding, i was enjoying a turn of the peddles yesterday when a senior member of our farming people thought it would be funny to stay just behind me for a mile or so in his stinking noisy shit carrier until a car came the other way then overtake me, its hard to say just how much joy he got from his little jape as he turned off the road and into a field as soon as he had passed me, I wave and say bless u Mr farmer type person then carry on chortling to my self, and wishing him a happy harvest :x
  • dave02
    been to london again, no farmers there but lots of cars and stuff on the roads, litter, dog poop, and people every where but the worst of all was so many bikes riding on the pavement or any where they want, i missed the shit and tractors. :(
  • pinno
    dave02 wrote:
    been to london again, no farmers there but lots of cars and stuff on the roads, litter, dog poop, and people every where but the worst of all was so many bikes riding on the pavement or any where they want, i missed the shoot and tractors. :(

Glad you made it out of there alive mate.

I would have sent in a search party if you went missing.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pina's search party would involve 'searching' for every Orish pub and locating the Guinness!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • dave02
    i didnt make it, i was done to death on 2 junctions, it makes riding with the less evolved a piece of cake. i just need to learn how to speak combindarvester.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Government has no money to upkeep local roads , yet a local farmer has just been given a grant to re-concrete the massive drive to his farm. How does that work?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Government has no money to upkeep local roads , yet a local farmer has just been given a grant to re-concrete the massive drive to his farm. How does that work?

Well he doesn't want to buckle the wheels on his Range Rover does he :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • dave02
    i bet he keeps his new drive clean and free from THORNS,
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    remember when foot and mouth was about, local farmers had the kids playground and tennis court closed because it had a field on the boundary. Another put up homemade signs saying a road was closed. During this time when sheep movements were banned our local farmers were moving sheep from field to field in horseboxes rather than normal sheep trailers. As a breed round here, they're money grabbing tight hypocrites. One was saying in pub a few weeks back that he gets over 10 grand a year in grants for looking after his hedgerows (ie not digging them up) :x
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • dave02
    We all have stories about the farmers and their contempt for the rest of the nation and their disregard for LAWS and the common people, the same could be said about BANKERS, MPs, etc, but the big difference is only FARMERS leave thorns all over the F_______g road.