BMC SLC01 Finished at last.....

Adrdlou
Adrdlou Posts: 79
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
Ok first post so here goes:-

BMC Model - SLC01 Frame, Enve 2.0 Fork, Enve 6.7 Clincher Wheels, Tiso Titanium Skewers, Shimano Dura Ace 7900 Groupset, Shimano Dura Ace 9000 pedals, TRP 979EQ Brakes, Enve Carbon Stem, Enve In Line Carbon Seatpost, Fizik R1 Cddle, Chris King Bottom Bracket, Enve 44cm Carbon Bars, FSA CF Ceramic Headset, Nokon Cables.

Photo's too large to upload so see link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/109321765@N07/

I welcome your comments..... :D

Cheers AD

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Peni5 Enve bars! The bar ends always make me chuckle ;)

Why the enve fork?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    Peni5 Enve bars! The bar ends always make me chuckle ;)

Why the enve fork?

LOL, it's a toss up (excuse the pun) between the ends looking good due to no wrap edge and it looking like a phallic object.....

Enve fork as the standard EC90 SLX was too soft.....went for the 2.0 also as I'm 85kg :D
  • Flamin awesome, defo want some of those enve bars lol
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    If I had to pick fault purely on taste, the Nokon cables and there's something not quite right with those bars.
  • Markjaspi wrote:
    Flamin awesome, defo want some of those enve bars lol

You know you love them lol :D
  • Bozman wrote:
    If I had to pick fault purely on taste, the Nokon cables and there's something not quite right with those bars.

Out of interest what don't you like about the Nokon's?......I couldn't decide black or white so I thought I'd try both.......
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Adrdlou wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

Out of interest what don't you like about the Nokon's?......I couldn't decide black or white so I thought I'd try both.......

The black and white looks a bit sweet shop, personally I think that plain black would look better but that's just me I'm not picking fault.

Sorry, but Is that a rusty bolt on the stem or is it the light.
  • Bozman wrote:
    Adrdlou wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

The black and white looks a bit sweet shop, personally I think that plain black would look better but that's just me I'm not picking fault.

Sorry, but Is that a rusty bolt on the stem or is it the light.

No mate it's the grease that comes on the bolts from Enve, does look like it's rusty though.......
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Enough bar tape on there? :P

That looks really fast though. Must be one of the most expensive builds on here with all that ENVE stuff!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • declan1 wrote:
    Enough bar tape on there? :P

That looks really fast though. Must be one of the most expensive builds on here with all that ENVE stuff!

The tape is double wrapped lizard skins.....(don't like wearing gloves lol)

It is proper quick, the wheels have made the biggest difference. The bike seems to pull you along on the flat :D
    I do like Enve stuff and it matches the frame perfectly
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    First BMC I've really liked on these forums! Really nice :)
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    That's really nice. My pet peeve though is decent bars with decent tape (I use the same stuff) but with half a roll of electrical tape to 'finish' it. It only needs a couple of neat wraps to stop tape unravelling - and there's no need to stick it to the bars either.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I like the look of having the tape a few mm on the bars (1 wrap of it) to give it a streamlined/tidy look, personally.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I like the look of having the tape a few mm on the bars (1 wrap of it) to give it a streamlined/tidy look, personally.

I could live with that - but this ain't tidy!
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • k-dog wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

I could live with that - but this ain't tidy!

Note to self...must try harder next time LOL :D