Jealous much?

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited November 2013 in Pro race
In 2 hours I'm going for a club run with 3 little know riders called erm Marianne Vos, Ellen van Dijk and (I think) Laurens Ten Dam...

Think I ve heard of them you know....

:lol::lol::lol:
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    hah - you've just got to hope they're on a rest day and you're trained up to your eyeballs if you want to keep up! ;)
  • ddraver
    I assume so...not going to be much of a club run otherwise...
    - @ddraver
  • Hope you fall off ... Please ask Ten Dam for tips first!
  • Oh go away! :(

How did you manage to swing that?

Well it's blowing a southerly at about 25kph and there's a rain front coming in so plan your route and dress appropriately.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    edited November 2013
    The bike/coffee shop I ride with is hosting a book event thingum with them

998301_743584985655901_1187018065_n.jpg
    - @ddraver
  • Can I suggest that you don't sit on Ten Dam's wheel unless you want a saliva bath.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Can I suggest that you don't sit on Ten Dam's wheel unless you want a saliva bath.

Can I suggest you do sit on TenDams wheel, and then at the end of every Strava segment (I would say hill but you dont have them there do you) you sprint past him, giving him a taste of his own medicine.

And yes v jealous, met TenDam twice in Paris and have to say he is the nicest guy in cycling, always got time for the fans.
  • You lucky lucky lucky bleeder

Report back with full details!
  • 16:00-20:00 - make sure you're well lit, otherwise Boris might tell you off. Was it you picking fights on the guardian yesterday? :wink: If not someone's tea leaved your username.

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish I lived in Den Haag now. I want deets on what hapjes and drankjes they have please.
    mr_poll wrote:
    (I would say hill but you dont have them there do you)

This reminds me of my dream last night where a medium sized mountain range suddenly appeared east of Amsterdam and I was so, so, so excited.
  • ddraver
    Yeah that was me - I don't ride with headphones and i think Boris is doing the right sorts of things but his response to the recent deaths has been appalling!! that tipped me over the edge (plus I ve got a lot of time on my hands at work at t mo and few ways to better spend it)
    - @ddraver
  • 16:00-20:00 - make sure you're well lit, otherwise Boris might tell you off. Was it you picking fights on the guardian yesterday? :wink: If not someone's tea leaved your username.

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish I lived in Den Haag now. I want deets on what hapjes and drankjes they have please.
    mr_poll wrote:
    (I would say hill but you dont have them there do you)

This reminds me of my dream last night where a medium sized mountain range suddenly appeared east of Amsterdam and I was so, so, so excited.

How Freudian is that?
    @JaunePeril

• rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    I'm not jealous. I just dropped Contador on Muswell Hill :lol: ohhh
    and only yesterday I beat Cav in a sprint outside Hackney town hall ,,,honest.
  • This reminds me of my dream last night where a medium sized mountain range suddenly appeared east of Amsterdam and I was so, so, so excited.

How Freudian is that?

Freudian? I thought it was just my subconscious admitting that I miss cycling in hills in this flat, flat land where my physiology will always be my biggest enemy. I was not excited in *that* way. :oops:
  • This reminds me of my dream last night where a medium sized mountain range suddenly appeared east of Amsterdam and I was so, so, so excited.

How Freudian is that?

Freudian? I thought it was just my subconscious admitting that I miss cycling in hills in this flat, flat land where my physiology will always be my biggest enemy. I was not excited in *that* way. :oops:

*raises eyebrows*

:)
  • You guys!

tumblr_inline_molixk85bq1qz4rgp.gif
  • ddraver
    OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod!!

I touched Marianne's hand, I touched her hand! She even gave me pat on my back! I got to ride along behind Marianne wearing her stripy jersey net to Ellen who was chatting to me about what she's up to now. Marianne oked with me about XCO being the proper cycling sport

Seriously i will never criticise a 14yr old girl for screaming at a popstar ever again, i know exactly how they feel (I also know that I'm just really not very cool)

details and the odd pic to follow...
    - @ddraver
  • Quick! The smelling salts!

:)

Have you got a poster of la Marianne on your wall? C'mon, have you?
  • ddraver
    No, I have in the past made mention that she's not the best looking of cyclists but I prostrate myself before the cycling gods and beg their forgiveness because in real life she is lovely!
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    OhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGodOhmyGod!!

I touched Marianne's hand, I touched her hand! She even gave me pat on my back! I got to ride along behind Marianne wearing her stripy jersey net to Ellen who was chatting to me about what she's up to now. Marianne oked with me about XCO being the proper cycling sport

Seriously i will never criticise a 14yr old girl for screaming at a popstar ever again, i know exactly how they feel (I also know that I'm just really not very cool)

When that happened did a medium sized mountain range suddenly appear east of Amsterdam...in your shorts?
    @JaunePeril

• More the ramp up Guildford High St than a medium mountain range

8) :lol: 8)
  • ddraver wrote:

So, so jealous! Did you get rained on? (god I sound like your mum) I was thinking about your ride while I tootled home in the p*ssing rain on my omafiets.

We want pics! Is Ellen van Dijk really as tall as she looks in real life?
    When that happened did a medium sized mountain range suddenly appear east of Amsterdam...in your shorts?
    *cough* Ahem...

tumblr_m4hxd9n3bj1rn4rxbo1_400.gif
  • Oh and what about the hapjes and drankjes? Did they eat? Come on man, details.
  • ddraver
    Phone sucks so none of these are that good....

Yes, yes she is AtC (though not by Dutch standards)

1450746_681355561888826_1055661657_n.jpg

1467241_997097643395_1880096840_n.jpg

Now you know what an ugly bugger I am...

1450188_997097882915_1159871834_n.jpg

563103_997097573535_1553234999_n.jpg

1455052_997097693295_210748814_n.jpg

Can you see 'em? they re on fb...

Good news for us is that there are plans in place to translate both Laurens and Marianne's books into english. I had to promise to buy Marianne's book so she'd sign the other one I had...she's so lovely I love her!

1464666_997103521615_70871347_n.jpg

Laurens Ten Dam is one of the nicest guys i ve ever met, he just started telling me how he wants to set up a cycling cafe like that in Maastricht when he retires...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    I did nt see them eat anything, Ellen had tea, Marianne had coffee...

It sounds stupid but it's astounding how small they both are. my housemate is your typical tiny english rose/welsh daffodil but she's got more bulk on her than Ellen who is supposed to be a "big powerhouse" type rider. Marianne is so small she's hardly there. The other thing is how fast their cadence is at all times even when they were riding at 20kph with a group of kids, \i was trying to keep up and i was doing 120rpm+. They were constantly moving too, if there was a red light they were instantly off the bike running on the spot.
    - @ddraver
  • superb day out mate, I'm so jealous, well done!
    @JaunePeril

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    ddraver wrote:

My God, which race is it that awards an entire doner kebab skewer as a trophy? That's worth taking up cycling for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    I think it was a bottle of wine wrapped up in something...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:

My God, which race is it that awards an entire doner kebab skewer as a trophy? That's worth taking up cycling for.

+1 Couldn't stop laughing. Also very jealous ddraver, sounds like a great ride
  • ddraver wrote:
    she's so lovely I love her!
    Smitten!
    ddraver wrote:
    Laurens Ten Dam is one of the nicest guys i ve ever met
    I've heard that from a colleague who knows his family.
    ddraver wrote:
    They were constantly moving too, if there was a red light they were instantly off the bike running on the spot.
    Really? In cleats. Wow, this will add an interesting element to my future rides.
    ddraver wrote:

OK, I think I broke a rib laughing, someone get me a real doctor.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Nice one Ddraver.