Bianchi Sempre Pro - Athena

antlaff
antlaff Posts: 583
edited April 2014 in Your road bikes
Here it is again - got my last post pulled due to the use of capitals!

2013 Sempre Pro with Athena 11sp and Fulcrum Wheels

Have only been able to take it a spin around the office (50m max!) due to the weather..

10869664866_74ae2fd5ab_o.jpg

10869622535_58476929ec_o.jpg

10869748684_6dd827ed7f_o.jpg

Comments

• needs more celeste ;-)

very nice
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I wondered where this had gone??
    As I said in the previous post, I feel sure I have a Bianchi in me, possibly my next bike will be of a celeste persuasion. This is a thing of beauty though. 8)
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    pleasing shots...
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    Stunning. Want one. Not been able to convince myself that I would do it justice. Not been able to convince the wife that it would be a sound investment. A truly beautiful bike. It would look even better with some of those celeste frame protectors. Oh and remove the plastic disk from the rear wheel. It only collects muck.
    Someone's just passed me again
  • Looks very nice. I'm thinking of getting the 2014 Ultegra from Epic as I'm after the black frame. Going to change the wheels to Mavic too.

What cages are them?
  • dereko
    dereko Posts: 55
    Looks good bud! I'm thinking of stripping my addict and building a bianchi
    Might have to wait till spring though ...
    I like the stealth look but as said a touch of Celeste can't hurt 8)
  • antlaff
    RSMarco wrote:

What cages are them?

Hargroves threw in some Elite Paron Cages as freebies...unfortunately not carbon ones though.
  • antlaff
    Dereko wrote:

Going to change saddle to to an arione....with a touch of celeste

6RAS82xrGDx8K849XiIUY13LS8E6PbNYDvDayAywGG0.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7
  • tico
    tico Posts: 1
    I've been thinking a lot, I'd buy one of these Bianchi, but I saw the bike Merelli and said that it's okay if expensive, do you mind if rikta and difficult to obtain, I want a bike Merelli. Of course, the Bianchi is like, but my dear the bike Merelli. I know it will be too expensive and the value will be later, many years later.
  • Either I'm still pi$$ed from Xmas, or that last post needs some English lessons.....or predictive typing taken off! :lol:
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    tico wrote:
    I've been thinking a lot, I'd buy one of these Bianchi, but I saw the bike Merelli and said that it's okay if expensive, do you mind if rikta and difficult to obtain, I want a bike Merelli. Of course, the Bianchi is like, but my dear the bike Merelli. I know it will be too expensive and the value will be later, many years later.

Ah yes! My dear the bike Merelli, where Bianchi is advantage but renounce with Merelli and easy or quick. With black Bianchi achieve is fast but not dear for Merelli my dear the bike. The value will be many, many years later but it's okay with rikta and Merelli for big success!
  • antlaff wrote:
    Dereko wrote:

Going to change saddle to to an arione....with a touch of celeste

6RAS82xrGDx8K849XiIUY13LS8E6PbNYDvDayAywGG0.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

No!!! No point adding Celeste to no Celeste for the sake of it. Just get the black and white stripe one, £30 cheaper at least!
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • tico wrote:

Ah yes! My dear the bike Merelli, where Bianchi is advantage but renounce with Merelli and easy or quick. With black Bianchi achieve is fast but not dear for Merelli my dear the bike. The value will be many, many years later but it's okay with rikta and Merelli for big success!

Thanks for clearing that up Neil - makes perfect sense now!!! :lol:
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Who is Neil? :/
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    RSMarco wrote:
    Looks very nice. I'm thinking of getting the 2014 Ultegra from Epic as I'm after the black frame. Going to change the wheels to Mavic too.

What cages are them?

RSM - don't know if you bought your bike but have you tried bianchistore.de. They usually offer more than one frame colour per specification. So for example the 2014 Intenso with Veloce was available through them with the celeste and the all black frame. Worth taking a look
    Someone's just passed me again
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Ring bigger would develop pleasing photographs
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    buzzwold wrote:
    RSMarco wrote:
    Looks very nice. I'm thinking of getting the 2014 Ultegra from Epic as I'm after the black frame. Going to change the wheels to Mavic too.

What cages are them?

RSM - don't know if you bought your bike but have you tried bianchistore.de. They usually offer more than one frame colour per specification. So for example the 2014 Intenso with Veloce was available through them with the celeste and the all black frame. Worth taking a look

Thats where I bought 2 of my Bianchi's from. Based in Munich. Excellent service
  • antlaff
    buzzwold wrote:
    RSMarco wrote:

What cages are them?

Why did you not tell me before I bought the sempre...infinito with athena for €1999!!!
  • smoggysteve
    antlaff wrote:
    buzzwold wrote:
    RSMarco wrote:

What cages are them?

Why did you not tell me before I bought the sempre...infinito with athena for €1999!!!

That deal is for the Infinito mk 1 not the Infinito CV. The sempre pro is a better frameset than the original Infinito. I rode the original a few times and its not as sharp handling and has a similar sat up geometry as my Via Nirone. Sempre pro is a much nicer ride if you want to go fast. New infinito CV is great if the roads you ride on are bumpy. luckily for me where I ride is mostly smooth and well maintained.
  • antlaff
    At long last got it out for 45miles last night. really notice stiffness when putting the power down...but also really notice every bump compared to the XCR!
  • smoggysteve
    antlaff wrote:
    At long last got it out for 45miles last night. really notice stiffness when putting the power down...but also really notice every bump compared to the XCR!

I would put some of the bumps down to your choice of saddle. Never got on with fizik saddles for anything other than flat and smooth riding.