Dartmoor Classic 2014

The on-line entry system for next year's Dartmoor Classic will go live at 9:00 a m on Monday (Oct 21). Places will be capped at 3200.

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Thanks... Think I might give this a try as it's on my doorstep
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Definitely worth a shot, Mikey, as it is consistently rated as one of the best Sportives in the UK.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Mikey23
    have entered... the smaller option. although looking out of the window right now, i am reminded that the weather can be pretty wild and wet on dartmoor in june! i try to avoid hilly bits as much as i can so a few lifestyle changes in prospect methinks!
  • Good call guys. A thousand places have already been filled in just the first hour!!!
  • Entered and confirmed the Medio 8)
    My old stomping ground - primary school on edge of Dartmoor, BMX racing at Newton Abbot track (south west scorpions) secondary school in teignmouth, college in Torquay. First proper race bike from Colin Lewis in 1987, first club run with Mid devon road club in the late 80s - had to be pushed up the hills by Colin Lewis himself...

04062011094.jpg

04062011091.jpg
  • Spatulala
    Spatulala Posts: 291
    just 800 places left for the grande route when I signed up this evening. Haven't done it for a couple of years, glad I saw the reminder in time. It's a cracking event.
  • Afternoon,

I have entered the Grande ride for the Dartmoor Classic but it seems the rest of my group are utterly useless and didn't enter in time.

If anyone wants to ride it and take my place, let me know and we can change the details online.

Thanks
    Ed
  • Mikey23
    Blooming heck... Sold out for 2014 ... 3200 places in less than two days! Almost as bad as glasto
  • mega9
    mega9 Posts: 41
    edlovatt wrote:
    Afternoon,

I have entered the Grande ride for the Dartmoor Classic but it seems the rest of my group are utterly useless and didn't enter in time.

If anyone wants to ride it and take my place, let me know and we can change the details online.

Thanks
    Ed

Is this still available
    Cheers
  • Bloody hell, that was quick!
  • The 2014 Dartmoor Classic has now opened a Reserve List for riders to fill the places of those already entered who later advise they are unable to participate. With this system in place last time, nearly 300 hopefuls ultimately got the opportunity to take part. There is no charge to join the Reserve List and registration simply requires an e-mail address. As places become available, over the coming months, these are offered to the first on the list, who have 48 hours to accept, provide their details and pay the standard entry fee. If the offer is not taken up within the time period, the place passes to the next on the list.

Registering on the Dartmoor Classic Reserve List will ensure that as many riders as possible get to the start line, gives us a much clearer idea of the true demand for places and will help us plan for the event's possible future growth.

To join the list, click on www.dartmoorclassic.co.uk
    You've got nothing to lose, you may secure a place for next summer's event and, by 2015, we could be opening up the event to an even greater number than the 3200 current limit.
  • Mikey23
    You guys are the business!
  • Thanks for the compliment Mickey23; anything we can do to satisfy the demand has to be worth the effort. Now, thanks to widespread publicity, the reserve list is already on a roll. Through our newletter - The Dartmoor Classic Times - we need to keep reminding those who made the cut to let us know if they can't ride, because we have to cater assuming all 3200 will attend. When it falls far short of that, we have to find ways of ethically disposing of the surplus fresh food; the monkeys at Paignton Zoo are always the main beneficiaries of Fyffes suport!!!
  • Mikey23
    Have you got the long range weather forecast yet?
  • Apparently, it's going to be a typical English summer's day. So, dress appropriately and enjoy!!!
  • Mikey23
    Aah, a mixture of sun, rain, wind, snow, sleet, hail and typhoon then ...
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Looks like my move to Cornwall is on in January, so it would be great to get this one in the diary. I'm on the waiting list, so keeping fingers crossed!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Mikey23
    If you don't get this then there is some other good stuff going on...wait a minute, I think we've had this conversation!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    :) - indeed - although we thought we'd be in Mylor Bridge, but it now looks more like St Ewe. Bit further up!
    FCN 3 / 4