New Planet X Pro Carbon SL

TFC1
TFC1 Posts: 62
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
Afternoon all,

My new PX Pro Cartbon finally arrived last weekend. Went for the bling white look!

One decent ride (45 miles) and a couple of half hour tripettes so far and after moving up from the MTB with slicks it feels amazing!

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Hours of fun to come, looks nice.
  • mlgt
    mlgt Posts: 366
    Looks great. Did you make any changes to the set up?

Is it the sram rival set up?
    N2 - SW1

Canyon Endurace 9.0
  • mlgt wrote:
    Looks great. Did you make any changes to the set up?

Is it the sram rival set up?

Looks like shimano judging by the shifters
  • TFC1
    IT is with the Ultegra set up.

I upgraded the saddle to Fizik and tyres to gatorskins. I had it fitted at Triathalon Zone in St Albans so made sure i got the right bar widths / stem length etc and the right set up.

Love it so far!
  • Enjoy the bike, and try to keep it clean this time of year please haha!
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I have the same frame - love it. I spend a lot of time cleaning it post ride!
    Insert bike here:
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    How are you finding it? Was thinking about one of these but was put off by comments about the Ribble frame (which I think is the same) being too flexy? I'm a fat git, and used to ride a Cannondale, so wanted something that could put up with my lard stomping on the pedals

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    SecretSam wrote:
    How are you finding it? Was thinking about one of these but was put off by comments about the Ribble frame (which I think is the same) being too flexy? I'm a fat git, and used to ride a Cannondale, so wanted something that could put up with my lard stomping on the pedals
    I have one and a friend of mine has one, I am very light and he is 95kg, no flex issues on his frame or mine, the flex comment is garbage IMO. :)
  • TFC1
    I am 15stone and it fdeels great. No undue flex so far so would agree that it shouldnt be an issue.

I will reccomend it to anyone who will listen!!!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    yes...
    nice...
  • diamonddog wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:
    I have one and a friend of mine has one, I am very light and he is 95kg, no flex issues on his frame or mine, the flex comment is garbage IMO. :)

I'm 12st and my px pro sl weighs 16lbs'ish........no issues with the frame.....just ride it.........
  • mr_sj
    mr_sj Posts: 507
    How long was build and delivery time with your planet x ? Currently awaiting delivery of my rt-57 and getting a bit impatient !!
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    SecretSam wrote:

It does flex - but not unduly. Hasn't put me off. New wheels have helped!
    Insert bike here:
  • TFC1
    mr_sj wrote:
    How long was build and delivery time with your planet x ? Currently awaiting delivery of my rt-57 and getting a bit impatient !!

I ordered mine on a saturday and it was delivered to the retailer two weeks later. No problems at all.

apparently they are putting together around 150 bikes every week at the moment!!!!
  • mr_sj
    mr_sj Posts: 507
    Thanks for that, i was told 7-10 days build time but i was thtinking probably more like 2 weeks