Anyone know of anywhere good to live in Manchster?

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited November 2013 in The bottom bracket
Got a budget of 600PCM, sick of messy barstwards

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Down in the jungle living in a tent, better than a prefab - no rent.

Is there anywhere good in Manchester? I mean, every time I have been there, it was raining.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Some nice flats in Sale overlooking the velodrome. Friend used to live there.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Some nice flats in Sale overlooking the velodrome. Friend used to live there.
    Sale!? It's Clayton.

You can get two bed furnished over the road from the velo for £550-600 PCM.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,476
    I know someone who lives in Didsbury - seems quite posh for Manchester.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • JSCL wrote:
    Sale!? It's Clayton.

Good job I never sent him postcards. But yeh, them ones! (I think he shared a stairwell with a few of the riders on the GB squad too).
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Moss side or Whalley Range. Terrific nightlife.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    seanoconn wrote:
    Moss side or Whalley Range. Terrific nightlife.

Like Fireworks every night :mrgreen:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • My step-son lives in Macclesfield and works in Mcr. Rent is about £395 pcm for a terraced 2 bed.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I would have thought that someone who studied and lived there would know. :?:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    daviesee wrote:

And if they do then we can start a list of places to avoid living :D
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    smidsy wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

And if they do then we can start a list of places to avoid living :D
    I was referring to the fact the willhub studied in Manchester, so should know.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I know someone who lives in Didsbury - seems quite posh for Manchester.

Didsbury is bloody lovely. I've been there for nine months now (£550pcm) and have loved it. Everything you need is a short walk away and it's great cycling territory as well.

Although it should be admitted that I was previously in Rochdale so anywhere's a step up from there...
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    daviesee wrote:

I did - is the answer no?
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I lived in Stretford and cycled in past Moss Side when I was at uni. Don't even think about it.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • What about a small flat in Hulme? You'll meet lots of interesting people around the area, though its not as posh as Moss Side.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    JSCL wrote:
    Sale!? It's Clayton.

Good job I never sent him postcards. But yeh, them ones! (I think he shared a stairwell with a few of the riders on the GB squad too).
    Doubtful, they are all accommodated in Levenshulme if they are provided with a somewhere. Otherwise, primary location of choice for most of the guys is Cheadle, Didsbury and Wythenshawe.

I'd honestly recommend Didsbury if you can find somewhere out that way in budget. Near to Parrs Wood, plenty of stuff to do there - Virgin gym, bowling, eating etc
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.