Hope Lemon( New pic on page 4 26/03/2014.

Matt-r8
Matt-r8 Posts: 298
edited March 2014 in Your mountain bikes
All be well, i'll be picking this up on Saturday.

Comments

• Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Quite exclusive!
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Matt-r8
    Been looking for others, and can't find out a great deal about them. The lad i'm getting this from has a 16 and 17 inch and is only getting rid, as he's got the Hope 2013 5 now, and it looks eve better.
  • Whats the difference between this and an Orange Five? Has hope just got a hold of a Five frame and made their own build? http://api.ning.com/files/zlHGQM2qII7U5 ... geFive.JPG
  • Matt-r8
    i believe so, and the anodised parts are green, which is team issue only, or sponsored riders. something like that.
    Only thing i'll look to change soon is dropper post and getting the suspension serviced and Kashima coated.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    i believe so, and the anodised parts are green, which is team issue only, or sponsored riders.

Or if you really want green you could just get parts anodised green at the place that does Hope's anodising (quality job, quick turnaround and good prices - they did my brake calipers).
  • Matt-r8
    I'm not sure they Will do Hope parts in green for anyone other than Hope themselves. I heard they wouldn't, but to be honest, I know very little about that and seems to be very little information on the net. Couldn't even find any info on team bikes on Hope's website.
  • Matt-r8 wrote:
    i believe so, and the anodised parts are green, which is team issue only, or sponsored riders.

Or if you really want green you could just get parts anodised green at the place that does Hope's anodising (quality job, quick turnaround and good prices - they did my brake calipers).

Interesting as it seems hope do all anodising in house?
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Was this the five hope edition that was on eBay? Very very jealous, it's a lovely looking bike team green'd to the max!
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Whats the difference between this and an Orange Five? Has hope just got a hold of a Five frame and made their own build? http://api.ning.com/files/zlHGQM2qII7U5 ... geFive.JPG

Nothing, It is just a five with the stickers removed and hope ones put in place.

They are ex Hope demo/team bikes which get sold off quite cheaply (for what they are).

Very good find, and you know its probably been well looked after!
  • Matt-r8
    Cheers for the positive comments. Not sure it was on EBay. I got it off a local Facebook group, but I do know the lad I'm getting it off. Looking forward to taking it out.
  • russyh
    Matt, stick some decent photos up when you get it mate. Just so I can drool over it.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    i believe so, and the anodised parts are green, which is team issue only, or sponsored riders. something like that.

All the anodised parts appear to be black...? Headset/hubs/stem/seatclamp/brakes/rotors/bar plugs are all clearly black?

The green bits go for absolutely silly money on eBay, probably recoup the cost of the bike if it does come with them.
  • *AJ*
    njee20 wrote:

All the anodised parts appear to be black...? Headset/hubs/stem/seatclamp/brakes/rotors/bar plugs are all clearly black?

The green bits go for absolutely silly money on eBay, probably recoup the cost of the bike if it does come with them.

This man has a very good point! the green stuff does for stupid stupid money! Ive seen a second hand headset go for a lot more than a brand new one, just because it was green. :lol:
  • njee20
    There were some headset spacers that went for £40 or something too!
  • *AJ*
    njee20 wrote:
    There were some headset spacers that went for £40 or something too!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Matt-r8
    %200, are you sure? I have a hope stem in black, i'm sure It cost me about £80 new.
  • Matt-r8
    I'll get some more photos up tomorrow night. I may even just add to the Stiffee thread, that way pics of both bikes are in the same thread, easier for me to update that way.
    Cheers.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Lewis A wrote:

Ohhhhhhh they have team green pro2's!!!!! :shock: Such a shame the rear is a 36h!
  • Matt-r8
    Well, looks like Kashima is definitely the way ahead.
    a few more pics in this link. As you can see, the anodised parts are black, rather than all green.http://www.chopmtb.com/2013/01/18/shows ... ke-show/4/
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Matt-r8 wrote:

Interesting as it seems hope do all anodising in house?

That's not what these guys told me when they did my brake calipers and bar risers (it was last summer, so maybe the situation's changed since then):

http://www.customcolour.co.uk/index.htm
  • Matt-r8
    Ok, couple of pictures. All SLX kit fitted, which for now will just be removed and cleaned up, and then replaced with XT when it wears. going 2x10, so bought myself Hope bash guard. Pedals are really cheap and horrible, so bought the F20's to replace them. The Hope stickers are all going to be lacquered, to try and preserve them a little and eventually I'll be either upgrading the suspension or sending it for Kashima coating. All depends how it performs. DSC01073_zps1874aa2a.jpgDSC01074_zps83d620c3.jpgDSC01075_zps360faaaf.jpgDSC01076_zps7194f91a.jpgDSC01078_zpsbf53e415.jpgDSC01077_zpsd85f7ce8.jpgDSC01076_zps7194f91a.jpgDSC01080_zps9e35f316.jpgDSC01081_zps9d364482.jpgDSC01082_zps101b230e.jpgDSC01084_zpsb879a4b7.jpg
    Welds don't look to bad to me. Don't know what all the fuss is about.
  • russyh
    Lovely mate, was hoping to see more team green stuff on it, but even so it's a lovely looking five. I need to find a later one with a tapered head tube and 30.9 seat post then I think I will be joining you!
  • Not sure :? ,you should try blinging it up with some hope stuff, if you've heard of them that is. ultimate bling for bikes. :wink:

She looking very very nice indeed. whens the maiden voyage and where? So I can pinch it off you. :lol:
  • Matt-r8
    HOPEfully I'll get out one night this week. Ideally I want to get the decals laquered before riding.
    The 2013 model is in black, so doesn't look quite so good IMO. But it does have green hubs and the calipers are green M4's, which look great. If they'd done that to the one I have it would have looked a bit too green. I like their style.
  • Not a Hope in hells chance I'm not going out in the morning with there being chance of snow. Fingers crossed and hope for the best. And pray to the snow gods obvz. :lol: Hopefully you do get out on it and soonish.

Too many puns no ??? :wink:
  • Matt-r8
    Fitted the pedals and grips today. Pedals look and feel really good. Grips, well I didn't realise I'd only bought replacement grips, without the Clamps. Thankfully the clamps off of the RaceFace grips I was replacing fit perfectly.
    Seen the Hope bars on CRC for about £60. But I already have Easton Havoc carbon bars fitted. Seems a bit silly to downgrade, just for the name. So for the time being, the bars are staying.
  • njee20
    So it doesn't actually have any of the team green stuff!? Shame!
  • Matt-r8
    Brakes, and that is about it.
  • njee20
    Nope, they're stock, the team green brakes are green, not just the bore caps:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOrPPx84r3JETgzC-0OrAH1KFOJHGnrsFztOzq-rCgM9M36_-LYw