B'Twin Triban 3 (45cm)

rokt
rokt Posts: 493
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
My 9 year old son has been going on for months now about "getting a road bike" and I
came across this yesterday. It's a B'Twin Triban 3 with a 45cm frame (very small) and
it's like new. The chap I bought if from purchased it in the spring for his son and it's
never been rode. It's just a tiny bit big for him, but by the time the nice weather returns
it will be perfect.

http://s946.photobucket.com/user/cesenquiries/media/BTwin1_zps4b1c232b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Lucky lad, hope he enjoys it. :)
  • Looks great ... Hope he takes to it.

My boy is 14 and laughed his socks when I got a bike last year. Gradually he's come around to the idea and I've got him his first road bike for Christmas. I can't wait for us to get out together, really looking forward to it ... Bet you are as well :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • rokt
    We had a good two hours out together yesterday afternoon and cover just short of 20 miles. We went back out
    this morning and rode about 10 miles. It's about the most enjoyable 30 miles I rode in a long time, just me and
    my lad :D I must just say though, you need eye's in the back of your head.....
  • Rokt wrote:
    We had a good two hours out together yesterday afternoon and cover just short of 20 miles. We went back out
    this morning and rode about 10 miles. It's about the most enjoyable 30 miles I rode in a long time, just me and
    my lad :D I must just say though, you need eye's in the back of your head.....

That's great .... Can't wait to be doing the same :D
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Rokt wrote:
    I must just say though, you need eye's in the back of your head.....

Is your lad riding in front of you? That's the safest position and you will not need eyes in the back of your head.
  • rokt
    :shock: What a strange thing to think.....of course he's riding in front of me...he's only 9....

My comment about "eyes in the back of my head" was a reference to all the other
    traffic on the road.
  • Rokt wrote:
    never been rode.
    Never been RIDDEN. Please don't teach your son bad grammar.

In the future when he's being interviewed by Ned Boulting or Gary Imlach I'm sure you want him to sound all proper innit...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Absolutely love my Triban 3. Although mine's a bit bigger, given I'm 6'4" haha! :)

Hope he enjoys it. He'll grow in to that nicely! :)
    It's been a while...
  • rokt
    Oxoman, no I've not taken offence :D

FransJacques, why ? if you've nothing nice to say, say nothing. I find it better that way.
  • imposter2.0
    Rokt wrote:
    Oxoman, no I've not taken offence :D

FransJacques, why ? if you've nothing nice to say, say nothing. I find it better that way.

He was correcting your grammar - you should be thanking him, not criticising him.
  • rokt
    This is all taking a disappointing turn....

A simple post to show my sons new bike and I receive
    comments on grammar and the best of all was from you Imposter.

"Is your lad riding in front of you ? that's the safest position and you will not need eyes in the back of your head"

I don't think I'll bother again.
  • imposter2.0
    Rokt wrote:
    comments on grammar and the best of all was from you Imposter.

"Is your lad riding in front of you ? that's the safest position and you will not need eyes in the back of your head"

I don't think I'll bother again.

You didn't state how you were riding, so I simply stated what I would regard as best practice - just in case you didn't already do it, as it wasn't particularly clear from your post. If you feel offended by someone offering you the correct advice, then feel free to decline it.
  • Shaun67
    Shaun67 Posts: 219
    HA HA, some people !!!

I do wish they would read the post before making worthless comments and
    as for your grammar, hell it would be nice if we were all perfect.

As you say Rokt, if you've nothing nice to saying.....or a worth while comment to make.....

Cool bike by the way, my son has the same bike and he loves it.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Nice bike and it's great to see young riders out on the roads.

I don't usually stick my nose into the disagreements, but I think imposter was merely trying to be helpful. Let's play nice.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/