The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Now before anyone jumps up and down a lot and chucks their toys out of the pram - I know there is some (a few) genuine Moo fans out there.

Years of Mu this and Mu that and Feargle the greatest control friek ever and finally the bubble has burst and thank god. it looks to be a very interesting season. No longer the spotlight on MU this and Mu that and Feargle...you get the picture...oh and that chewing gum chomping reddish wino face shots during Mu games. Bye bye Fuggle, bye bye in yer face Mu supporters in yer face (*Refer to opening indemnity before chucking toys around).

Much glee
    Much happiness
    Much grinning
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • As above.

Now, if only ITV get the idea and stop toadying Manure like they are God's Gift to the World - I've actually started watching C/L games with the sound off because I can't stand the arrrrze licking of it all.

As an aside, it just me or should ITV stop showing Manure games and show City games: at least with those you know that one of the teams is going to get a spanking rather than nil - nil dross like last Tuesday.

And chapeau to Jurgen Klop for his post match comments re the Gooners: gentlemanly, well voiced, well played that man: now that's what its all about. Bit of humility in a sporting world populated by whankers. That douchebag Cavendouche should perk up and take a lesson.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    .... Bit of humility in a sporting world populated by whankers. That douchebag Cavendouche should perk up and take a lesson.
    Yossie been influencing you again? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Nah - its just a commonly held belief around these parts.

Reading extracts from his new (ie yet another .........) "autobiography" he seems yet to have failed to realise humility and being a douchebag in print do not a huge fan base make......
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    It's fact.

No it's your opinion, of which you are entitled. Now this is a fact.
  • No it is a fact.
  • As for your link, hasn't sol Campbell won more leagues than the scum?
  • cornerblock
    Not that I give a f***, but the fact that you're asking the question I'll guess yes. Still doesn't change the sad facts though does it?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    children, children - don't squabble

BTW the North London derby is a pansy fairy rivalry, compared to the seething hatred of "real" derby games

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • cornerblock
    :lol: Oh I agree, for quite a while now Arse v Spurs has been like watching two bald men fighting over a comb.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    :lol: Oh I agree, for quite a while now ars* v Spurs has been like watching two bald men fighting over a comb.
    At least it's a fairly even match, unlike the Manchester derby.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Not quite. As anyone who has the dubious pleasure to attend an nld at the lane can vouch, the annual 'running of the arsenal fans' is not an enjoyable thing. Grown men gobbing and throwing things at woman and children as they make their way to the ground despite the police cordon, and roaming groups looking for isolated gooners showing colors to beat up. Now you may try and argue that the same happened at the Emirates or Highbury, but that would be a simple untruth as this has not happened at the reverse fixture for at least15 years as my totteringham m8 s can testify. Is it any wonder that amongst the big London clubs (us Chelsea and west ham) core fan bases, they all to a man amongst their London clubs brethren, all have most dislike of totteringham? It's not jealousy of success clearly, I wonder what it is?
  • Boss have actually gotten more interesting in recent years. Since Wenger took us to the brink with his madness and willfull managed decline in the vain hope of proving himself right ( deliberately competing with one hand tied behind his back, to try and prove out project youth), and that is only now seemingly being rectified, and with totteringham splashing the cash big time during that period, resulting in us having our worst few teams of the Wenger era and them having there best teams in decades as a result of Joe Lewis' s splurging, the two have got closer meaning the nlds are actually a footballing contest
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Well I'm not an Arsenal fan but for this afternoon only - Up The Ars* !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Bollllox - they lost. I hate Manure.

Please can someone ensure that they don't come top 10? Please?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Bollllox - they lost. I hate Manure.

Please can someone ensure that they don't come top 10? Please?

Shame, not a Gooner, but they are by far the team I'd like to see win the title this year. Wrighty sounds totally beaten on R5.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Not an Arsenal fan either, but always sad to see United win.

If anyone wants me I'll be sulking in the corner with my head in a box.
  • pinno
    I ain't bothered. Put it into context.

(RVP was moulded and polished by Wenger anyway).

Arsenal did something amazing on Wednesday night. Hell of a physical and mental effort. When was the last British team to beat Dortmund on home soil? Answer - never before.
    They lacked the spark and creativity against MU and it showed. They looked jaded. Despite that, we only lost 1-0 in a close encounter. MU only managed a draw against Real Sociedad (and I mean no offence to Real Sociedad - what they have acheived is remarkable).
    If we play like we can in the return fixture at home, MU will be second best.
    We are still 2 points clear and with a run of fixtures that is in our favour prior to Dec 14th City fixture.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -WIFE.html

Got to empathise with the Palace fan in the comments section who wants to bet his wife that his side will beat Arsenal away. :lol:
  • tv5 accident waiting to happen. wrong attitude in 1st half. united there for the taking had we not shown them way too much respect in 1st half. they still have the indian sign over us despite not being that good.

unless gotta get it back after the pointless international break, otherwise i will be wobbing again!
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Not quite. As anyone who has the dubious pleasure to attend an nld at the lane can vouch, the annual 'running of the arsenal fans' is not an enjoyable thing. Grown men gobbing and throwing things at woman and children as they make their way to the ground despite the police cordon, and roaming groups looking for isolated gooners showing colors to beat up. Now you may try and argue that the same happened at the Emirates or Highbury, but that would be a simple untruth as this has not happened at the reverse fixture for at least15 years as my totteringham m8 s can testify. Is it any wonder that amongst the big London clubs (us Chelsea and west ham) core fan bases, they all to a man amongst their London clubs brethren, all have most dislike of totteringham? It's not jealousy of success clearly, I wonder what it is?

Really???

I have never seen that happen to a woman or child in or around WHL. I have however seen that sort of thing happen near Stamford Bridge.
  • cornerblock
    Really???

I have never seen that happen to a woman or child in or around WHL

Are you omnipresent?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Although slightly off topic, this makes eye watering reading for QPR fans. 'arry can't take all the credit this time, but I'm sure he did his bit. :wink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l#comments
  • Not quite. As anyone who has the dubious pleasure to attend an nld at the lane can vouch, the annual 'running of the arsenal fans' is not an enjoyable thing. Grown men gobbing and throwing things at woman and children as they make their way to the ground despite the police cordon, and roaming groups looking for isolated gooners showing colors to beat up. Now you may try and argue that the same happened at the Emirates or Highbury, but that would be a simple untruth as this has not happened at the reverse fixture for at least15 years as my totteringham m8 s can testify. Is it any wonder that amongst the big London clubs (us Chelsea and west ham) core fan bases, they all to a man amongst their London clubs brethren, all have most dislike of totteringham? It's not jealousy of success clearly, I wonder what it is?

Really???

I have never seen that happen to a woman or child in or around WHL. I have however seen that sort of thing happen near Stamford Bridge.

either u have never been to an nld at the lane or you walk around with one of them there white sticks...

:roll:
  • bump...

FOYS...100million...haha
  • pinno
    I have waited until the Mu hoo result came in. Fellainy was rubbish. No one in the midfield to boss the park for them.

I do hope Arsenal's injury list subsides apart from that - Bring 'em on.
  • It's only the ox and pod out isnt it now?

Spurs will bounce back in their next game unfortunately, united are a poorer side and will be beaten. I would say the best result would be a draw( in seasons past, with ok red nose still about), but a united win wont impact the top of the table, long term, less they splurge in quality in January, so a united win would be best, as spurs will be in meltdown if that happens.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    What a cracking goal from wilshere... (Is that how you spell it)