A Good Saddle?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited November 2013 in Road buying advice
So I just bought myself a 2014 Trek Madone 2.3. The bike is absolutely fantastic, apart from one thing... The saddle. Its like sitting on a brick and so uncomfortable. I've been looking at Fizik saddles etc.

Could you recommend me a good saddle?

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Simply put - we could all recommend saddles that suit ourselves but not what will suit you. Best to try out some saddles yourself and see what works for you - Fizik dealers often have test saddles that you can borrow if you like the look of Fizik
  • So I just bought myself a 2014 Trek Madone 2.3. The bike is absolutely fantastic, apart from one thing... The saddle. Its like sitting on a brick and so uncomfortable. I've been looking at Fizik saddles etc.

Could you recommend me a good saddle?

I have a charge scoop which is very comfortable and a very similar shape to the fizik aliante. £35 for the steel rail version.
  • I got the Selle Italia SLR XC Flow Saddle with Vanox Rails. Its fantastic. Comfortable, light (160g) and the gloss gives you a free-feel ride. (doesn't scratch either)

Goes for arounf £90-100 but best price I found is £60 here .. http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/selle- ... tAodpiUAhA

As others have said however its a personal thing.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    best advice is to try as many as you can, you will eventually find one which suits you.

The Charge Spoon is a cheap one for trying out, which may or may not suit you. ? It didn't suit me, neither did a Selle Italia SLR, or a Fizik Antares, or a ... well, you get the picture .. A good place to start would be the Fiziks, though
  • Totally subjective, but i have a Spesh Romin on all my bikes. Wouldn't ever change em, but what is good for me, won't be for you necesarily
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Go to a nearby sella italia dealer who had the ID match system that might take some of the guess work out.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.