i have a new idea

dave02
dave02 Posts: 325
edited November 2013 in The bottom bracket
i will call them SKORTS, picture this, you have your bibshorts on, you meet sum chums they say lets go for a drink, you dont have any shorts to wear as they are not comfy on top of your shorts when riding. soo you have a pair of skorts on.
they are shorts that have velcro fasteners for the legs when you dont need them to be shorts u undo the legs and they become a skirt so they dont get in the way when riding, I KNOW""""""""" bril or what, who's in we will make a fortune 8)

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    So come on then - this thread is useless without pics as they say..................... we want to see you in your skirt ;)

ok maybe we dont :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I hope it works better than the Romster web site.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I'm out
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I'm out
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Will they be ok for when I am riding side saddle?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    clever move Dave, you've outted two already :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    team47b wrote:
    clever move Dave, you've outted two already :D

I ride road bikes, so according to the crudcatcher, I'm already out!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Roadies in lycra have enough image problems with the general public (and mountain bikers) without wearing skirts...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • dave02
    They are SKORTS"""""""""", and when did looking good mater to a cyclist its got to be practical first stylish second :P
    I dont want to do this alone and leave you guys out in the cold, theres a guy in GR upstairs selling a box on a wall for hanging a bike on for £45, we could charge £145 for a SKORT if we get the same customers as him. Its a limited offer to join the team, 9 years 364 days to go. :wink:
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Did you actually try googling cycling skort? They kind of exist already.

My better half wears them quite a lot in summer - especially touring etc.
  • dave02
    Of course not, i am not that bothered thats why i pay you guys :roll:
  • dave02
    Just had a look, bast
    ds pinched my idea, I know lets call them leg vests !
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    marcusjb wrote:
    Did you actually try googling cycling skort? They kind of exist already.

My better half wears them quite a lot in summer - especially touring etc.
    Google - crushing ambitions since 1998.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    There's a clue in the word summer... Unlikely to go viral in November methinks...
  • dave02
    Whats the clue, women wear skirts all year round, we could wear leg vests when we want, you have no vision, we only want GLASS HALF FULL people on the team, sorry your OUT
  • Mikey23
    Nowt wrong with guys in skirts if you have the legs for it...
  • dave02
    I have legs, are you inclined to men in SKORTS, you still may have a future in LEG VESTS :lol:
  • I can't really criticise about men where knee length garments given my Scottish descendancy.

On the other hand my personal opinion of the idea's outlook is shinny and bright (for want of a portmanteau). :lol:
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • dave02
    Your in and bring your shinny stuff with you
  • pinno
    edited November 2013
    I can't really criticise about men where knee length garments given my Scottish descendancy.

On the other hand my personal opinion of the idea's outlook is shinny and bright (for want of a portmanteau). :lol:

Wait dave02, Alex Mac has to provide a reason for using the use of the ambiguous word 'portmanteau' first :D
  • dave02
    I dont see as its our business what pets he has, each to his own, We need a model, any ideas who we can use and a needle and thread and of course a Name for the new Company, who wants to be the secretary (short skort a must) :P
  • potential names for the company....

Skorts Division
    Poot Locker
    JJB Skorts
    Skorts World
  • pinno
    Sean said he will be the sekertary but only if you get him that set of 42" double D cup fake noork set up as he left his in A wing upon departure.
  • Mikey23
    Now this is good business.. Get Rapha to label them, wiggo to wear one (he would be up for it) and the sky (sic) is the blooming limit...
  • pinno
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Now this is good business.. Get Rapha to label them, wiggo to wear one (he would be up for it) and the sky (sic) is the blooming limit...

You can be head of marketing Crikey. TBH, I didn't think you had the physical or mental energy after your fight with the Turbo Trainer to do any posting.
  • dave02
    Velcro or zips on the legs, do i have to do everything around here, colour and where we put the bells, and who has a sewing machine. :?: got to go someone on the other line.
  • Mikey23
    @p...just goes to show what a brave little soldier I am dunnit
  • Mikey23
    Exhausting but someone has to be the visionary thinker... I've got to do something after sorting out the Coop bank after all ...
  • dave02
    Focus people, lets have some blue sky thinking out of the box running up of flags and stuff, i have another idea, watching an old cowboy film (did they have cowmen or just use children to round up the cattle) and the tuf man had a coat on that was long at the back but had the front cut out up to the waist,when you dont need it you just roll up the back when it starts to rain you let it down and it turns into a rain cape, brill :idea: its got cycling coat all over it, who wants to do the research. you may have to go somewhere where they have cowboys and share his beans, :P
  • pinno
    We have Cowboy plumbers, Cowboy Builders, Cowboy Plasterers and now you want Cowboy cycle clothing designers?!