Sky Kit - Rapha Sale

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,881
edited November 2013 in Pro race
http://www.rapha.cc/shop/team-sky

A must for all true cycling fans.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Don't fret TWH, I'll sort out a scarf for you for Crimbo
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I can thoroughly recommend the scarves (I got the cross one though...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    I am a true cycling fan and I will never wear anything with the Sky Logo on. Never I tell you. NEVER. Evil overlords of all that is bad in the media frenzy world of intrusion and cash hiking. Although I am a bit tempted by Sky Atlantic :lol::lol::lol:
  • It doesnt matter if it is nice kit or quality you can't be self respecting and have a huge SKY emblazoned on your chest.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I have the MSR t-shirt, just because I liked the colours/design ... Does peeve me a bit that the SKY logo is on the outside of the shirt ...

I'll never understand why Rapha didn't do a subtle SKY jersey with blue on the zipper instead of the salmon pink ... Or same again but yellow as a ltd edition for Froome's win ...

It also peeves me that as soon as Rapha try to cash in on the British c(C)ycling boom they start making flouro crap ... ffs, if a driver can't see a human being on a bike then there's no hope ...
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I've clearly no self respect because I've taken the plunge and bought some stuff. Rapha prices are normally a bit rich for me and I haven't worn 'pro' gear for years. If you're ok riding with pro gear I don't see that SKY is any worse than another team. Here in france they are certainly one of the more popular team kits.
    I'll tell you if I'm ridiculed!
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • It doesnt matter if it is nice kit or quality you can't be self respecting and have a huge SKY emblazoned on your chest.
    Why not?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    i saw a jaguar sportsbrake for the first time during the week. it was like a boat!!
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Bikes worth more than the car :-)
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Bikes worth more than the car :-)
    That's why I thought it was a Skoda :roll:
    well there's no Jaguar on the bonnet so it looks ordinary.? :lol:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972

Swifty is not happy with you!

4240-02.jpg
  • rayjay
    It doesnt matter if it is nice kit or quality you can't be self respecting and have a huge SKY emblazoned on your chest.
    Why not?

Sky :evil: , Kay Burley :evil: . need I say more .
    As for Rapha doing a more subtle kit . I agree they could have made one without the word Sky :evil: on it .
    :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It doesnt matter if it is nice kit or quality you can't be self respecting and have a huge SKY emblazoned on your chest.

It could be worse, you could have a continued, unwavering support of an unrepentant doper, then you'd really have no self respect.
  • rayjay
    sjmclean wrote:

It could be worse, you could have a continued, unwavering support of an unrepentant doper, then you'd really have no self respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7syJJrsmrts
  • ddraver
    sjmclean wrote:

I think we all know that frenchie is afflicted with an abundance of self respect, what he lacks is respect from anyone else...
    - @ddraver
  • rayjay wrote:
    Why not?

Sky :evil: , Kay Burley :evil: . need I say more .
    As for Rapha doing a more subtle kit . I agree they could have made one without the word Sky :evil: on it .
    :lol:
    Rapha, subtle? LOL

Let's face it, there aren't many agreeable companies out there!

Would you stop supporting any team you support if the "wrong" brand starts sponsoring them?

BTW has anyone ever seen rayjay and FF in the same room? :evil:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,221
    You can keep your common old Rapha stuff, we're going to be the only club in the country wearing Adidas kit in a few weeks time. Far more exclusive, just us and Team GB! :D
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I have a Rapha deep winter cap. It is a quality piece of kit. It's the SKY-branded version because the plain one was out of stock for ages.

Do I love the fact that it says SKY on it? No.
    Do I hate the fact that it says SKY on it? No.

I don't really care - it's perfectly functional.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ddraver
    Ben6899 wrote:

You are rare, nay, freak source of calm amidst the chaos Ben ;)
    - @ddraver
  • rayjay
    Lets start a "what top would Ben not wear thread"
    Ben would you wear a top sponsored by Canesten Thrush Cream ?
  • rayjay wrote:

Well Lotto came close a few years back when they were co-sponsored by Predictor ... Funnily enough, as objectionable as Cadel seems, no-one threw pi$$ at him during that time :?
  • rayjay wrote:

Well Lotto came close a few years back when they were co-sponsored by Predictor ... Funnily enough, as objectionable as Cadel seems, no-one threw pi$$ at him during that time :?

Perhaps the Sky kits are old Predictor kits...don't you get a blue stripe appear when a urine sample tests positive?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • 50% reduction on joining the Sky-entology cult.
  • ddraver
    Couldnt help observe the irony that all of the XL and XXl options are sold out... :P
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I'm sure it's possible to ride in Sky kit and not endorse the corrosive cultural catalyst that was Rupert Murdoch in the Thatcher years.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    I have a Rapha deep winter cap. It is a quality piece of kit. It's the SKY-branded version because the plain one was out of stock for ages.

The cap is bloody toasty. I have one too
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Black cycling gear is just a bad design. I would not be seen, get knocked off and end up another Sky News misery pimping statistic.
  • ddraver
    Disappointed the belt has nt been reduced, It does nt seem to say Sky on it in anyway that you'd notice and I confess I find the colour scheme rather fetching...
    - @ddraver
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    rayjay wrote:
    Lets start a "what top would Ben not wear thread"

If it was perfectly functional, yes.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/