Liphook to Frimley

symo
symo Posts: 1,743
edited November 2013 in Commuting general
Anyone any ideas, given up the idea of doing this on the day one fixed.
Will be about 24 miles, two choices on or some offroad on national cycle route 22. Anyone any experience of this route.
+++++++++++++++++++++
we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.

Comments

• kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    I used to cycle along the Basingstoke Canal a fair bit. You can pick it up around Ash and follow it up to Frimley. As for how to get the rest of the way can't help there.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    You could always try google maps to get a few route ideas. The Blackwater Valley path will be quite pleasant for the last section, but don't try following it further north up to camberley, it's a bog fest....
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Yeah it is the bit from my new doorstep to the area around aldershot. It is a bit of an upgrade from my fg commute of 7.5 miles. Thinking of a CDF or Day One Alfine to accomodate the baggage.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Not sure about the Liphook end (is the http://www3.hants.gov.uk/countryside/countryside-development/shipwrightsway open yet).

From Alice Holt you go on the Boundary Road to Rowledge to join route 22, but that goes into a deep valley and up again - scenic but out of the way. You may be better going though Farnham and under the Shepherd and Flock roundabout to Runfold then up to Aldershot.