My new De Rosa

teiti93
teiti93 Posts: 28
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
Hello!
Just received my new bike! it's a De Rosa Merak Evolution 2013 with full sram red(10-speed). Fulcrum R5 wheels and deda finishing kit. I really love its look, and it's light and seems really stiff. Even better is that it only cost me 2100£, had to buy it, even though my budget was only 2k €.
so excited to take it for a ride. Here it is :)

ejde.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

0br6.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

uw1l.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

Comments

• Very nice, for this Italian thoroughbred though, i would have preferred to see Campag components used instead of the SRAM. But thats just me.

Gorgeous looking bike though :D
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    It deserves better photos!
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    where did you get that for the money ?.....bargain !

that stem needs slamming tho :shock: !
  • Sram red was chosen so the weight would go down, and i really like the sram group.

I'll get some better photos later, the light in my room is poor and shots was taken with computer cam..

i initially bought a bike from salden.nl, a trek madone 5.2 for 2k €, but it broke during transport, and i had already transfered the money. They gave me an offer on another bike, but in the end i payed 400€ more and got this lovely bike.
  • teiti93 wrote:

i initially bought a bike from salden.nl, a trek madone 5.2 for 2k €, but it broke during transport, and i had already transfered the money. They gave me an offer on another bike, but in the end i payed 400€ more and got this lovely bike.

I think we all know who the winner was on this one! Great bike, I love Meraks.
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    That looks lovely. Please could you post better photos?
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • new pics coming up tomorrow, im at work right now.
    the geometry of the bike is really good for me, really racey. though i found the sizing of de rosa tricky. its size 49cm, im 172cm, but the slope is 3cm, so it fits me really well
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    teiti93 wrote:
    new pics coming up tomorrow, im at work right now.
    the geometry of the bike is really good for me, really racey. though i found the sizing of de rosa tricky. its size 49cm, im 172cm, but the slope is 3cm, so it fits me really well

stems still way to high :wink: