Stolen bike seller caught on ebay

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited November 2013 in MTB general
A guy who lives by me has been caught selling loads of stolen bikes on eBay. He went by the name webb321 so if anyone has bought one from him - it was nicked!

He got 200hrs community service, what a joke!!!

EDIT: apologies for my mistake in posting up the wrong user name. I hope no harm has been caused :oops: I've edited it now to the correct user name

Comments

• tobamory
    tobamory Posts: 101
    should be executed, hate scum like that
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    welshkev wrote:
    A guy who lives by me has been caught selling loads of stolen bikes on eBay. He went by the name web321

You sure...?

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... llFeedback
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Yes, that's what I though when I checked.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • On October 8 last year thieves stole mountain bikes totalling £27,000 from a garage in Monmouthshire belonging to Jonathan Everett.

You effing what? Anyone with £27,000 worth of mountain bikes should have enough money to secure them it would take special forces to get at them. No sympathy!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    On October 8 last year thieves stole mountain bikes totalling £27,000 from a garage in Monmouthshire belonging to Jonathan Everett.

You effing what? Anyone with £27,000 worth of mountain bikes should have enough money to secure them it would take special forces to get at them. No sympathy!

If the scum want the bikes, they'll take them, whatever it takes. Case in point the LBS I used to work at. We were based in an industrial unit, 8ft concrete walls and then a good 10-15ft of corrugated metal on top of that, they cut through the metal, and cleared the whole shop out, £30k's worth of stock and spares gone in a single night. Some people will do anything if they have to and frankly anyone who steals anything should get what they deserve and not the sorry excuse of a punishment they end up with, which will no doubt be reduced because of good behaviour :roll: The criminal system is just fecked up beyond belief...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    welshkev wrote:

Haha, too late the Bike Radar pitchfork wielding vigilantes are pounding down the door of web321 as we speak :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • He's probably one of those pediatricians too..... :shock:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I hear Web321 will be suing Welshkev now for the slander he has quite obviously suffered....FGS if you are going to post something like that, get it ruddy well right!

Webb321 still getting feedback from 3/11 one day before you posted.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • welshkev
    I can only apologise for my incompetence.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    oxoman wrote:
    Only problem i have is why only 200 hrs,

Because the police and judicial system don't see property crime as serious, or any kind of priority.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Because there was no proof he pinched them, just that he was in possession.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    Couldn't they have beaten a confession out of him?
  • Polf
    Polf Posts: 64
    oxoman wrote:

Because the police and judicial system don't see property crime as serious, or any kind of priority.

It wasn't the police that sentenced him to only 200 hrs. They obviously cared enough to research the stolen bikes, arrest, do the files and put him before the courts who then decided to pass the weak sentence. Most coppers would have locked this bloke up for a few years if it was up to them. Unfortunately, Judge Dredd is fictional.
    Yeti SB95
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275
    On One 456C

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, does not try it on"
  • Kowalski675
    Polf wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

It wasn't the police that sentenced him to only 200 hrs.

Er, did you not notice where I said "the police and the judicial system"...
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    cooldad wrote:

Looking through his ebay feedback he has been selling used motorcycle parts. If the Police had the resources and time they would make enquiries about how he was sourcing bikes to break.
  • Kowalski675
    adamfo wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Looking through his ebay feedback he has been selling used motorcycle parts. If the Police had the resources and time they would make enquiries about how he was sourcing bikes to break.

The only motorcycle theft team the police had in the UK (the Met's team, led by renowned vehicle theft expert investigator Dr Ken German - Phd in international vehicle crime) was disbanded some time ago (German has since retired). Motorcycle theft is about three steps below littering on the police's ladder of priorities in most cases. I was, however, pleasantly (and very) surprised that they recovered my last GF's GSXR and secured a conviction for one of the inbred chavscum involved, but the courts gave him a lollipop and told him not to be naughty again...
  • Polf
    Polf Posts: 64
    Polf wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

It wasn't the police that sentenced him to only 200 hrs.

Er, did you not notice where I said "the police and the judicial system"...

I did. But you appear to blame the police and the judicial system for the weak sentence, when the police have no say in what sentence is passed. It is the weak sentencing of the courts/judicial system that gave him 200 hrs, the police just got him there.
    Yeti SB95
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275
    On One 456C

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, does not try it on"
  • welshkev
    adamfo wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

speaking to friends, I believe he was involved in a moto-x club before this that got closed down because someone stole a load of stuff.
  • Kowalski675
    Thieves love crossers 'cos they're easy to steal and untraceable.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    welshkev wrote:
    adamfo wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

speaking to friends, I believe he was involved in a moto-x club before this that got closed down because someone stole a load of stuff.

Well now that's on the internet he must be guilty, everyone knows that everything on the internet is true :P :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • welshkev
    arran77 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    adamfo wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Well now that's on the internet he must be guilty, everyone knows that everything on the internet is true :P :wink:

as Abraham Lincoln once said "it's hard to know which quotes on the internet are true"
  • welshkev wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    adamfo wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

as Abraham Lincoln once said "it's hard to know which quotes on the internet are true"

Didn't he also say " What ever Thewaylander posts is normally badly spelt but always right!"