Some titanium & carbon

miceden
miceden Posts: 225
edited November 2013 in Your mountain bikes
My new'ish new builds:

2012 Genesis Latitude Ti.... as you see it 9.7kg, Cannondale Lefty PBR 120mm, DT Swiss XCR 1.4 wheelset, Conti Mountain King Supersonic 26x2.2, Magura Marta SL Raceline disc brakes, FSA K-Force Light 386 27/39 crankset, Crank brother Candy 2 ti pedals, SRAM X0 9sp grip shifters and rear mech, X9 front mech, 11-34 PG970 cassette, Van Nicholas titanium seat clamp, Crank Brothers Cobalt 3 Stem, handlebar and seatpost and a Bioflex Carbon Ti saddle

WP_000230_zps9bcd8515.jpg

2011 Cube Sting Super SCR... as you see it 10.6kg, Fox float RP23 shock, DT Swiss XMM 120mm twinshot forks, Stans ZTR Alpine & Hope Pro II wheelset, Vredestein Black Panther Xtrac 26x2.20 tyres, Magura Marta SL Raceline disc brakes, FSA K-Force Light 386 27/39 crankset, Crank Brothers Candy 2 pedals, SRAM X0 2x10 grip shifters, X0 10sp rear mech and XX front mech, 11-36 XT cassette, USE Sumo carbon seat post, Rotor S1 Stem, Bontrager Race XXX Lite handlebars and a Bioflex Carbon ti saddle.... still fiddling with the cockpit as its not quite right, may get a shorter stem with more rise and a seatpost with setback

WP_000234_zpsba455ce5.jpg

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Nice. Lot of seatpost going on there!
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    That Cube is gorgeous!
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    mcnultycop wrote:
    Nice. Lot of seatpost going on there!

Yeah, I was just wondering how long his legs are, lol.
  • Both are gorgeous!!
  • Kowalski675
    Both are gorgeous!!

The bikes, or his legs? :shock:
  • What a contrast but both are great looking machines.

I could have done with one of these on the way up last weekend as I bet they climb like goats but needed the sturdiness of my Ghost Cagua on the way down.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Tasty, but did you not consider a larger frame! Having said that a mate rides with a 410mm Thomson at min insertion on one of his bikes.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    Cheers... my inseam is 34" so yes, long legs! The Genesis, according to them, is actually the right frame size for my height, the Cube is the next frame size down but I've always preferred full suss bikes on the slightly smaller side. Both pictures were taken on a slightly upward angle so seatpost height is a little distorted but the cube's is actually higher than it normally is as i'd just changed posts.

The genesis rides really well since shortening the stem, putting a setback post on and the 120mm lefty. The Cube is about 85% there ride wise, climbs really well with the forks in climb mode (it drops the travel/height 30mm) but I feel a bit to stretched out on it so going to put a shorter stem on it and maybe something with more rise.
  • Kowalski675
    miceden wrote:
    Cheers... my inseam is 34"

So is mine, but my seatpost looks considerably shorter than that, I thought you must've been about seven feet tall lol.