Cougar Steel ZeroUno refurb

poppit
poppit Posts: 926
edited November 2013 in Your road bikes
I built this up in 1995 as a 'hilly' triathlon bike. The frame came from Fred Baker Cycles and cost £450. It had mainly Ultegra but with a Chorus chainset, Royce titanium BB and Wolber rims. Not used it for a long time but decided to modernise it to use as a winter bike. Many thanks to Mercian for getting the seized seatpost out and the guys at Cadence Sport for doing the work. BTW, it's pink so that I could easily find it in a rack of bikes at a triathlon, I also has a flouro yellow one set up as a pure TT bike for 'flat' triathlons but sold that long ago.

It now has a Veloce groupset, Open Pro/Hope wheels, 3T bars and stem swapped from my other bike and a Fizik Aliante saddle and bar tape.

Before:
6xo.JPG

After:
76gs.jpg
970c.jpg
32jw.jpg
hh09.jpg
jm96.jpg
Eddy Merckx EMX-3
Dolan L'Etape
Cougar Zero Uno
Genesis Core 50
Planet X TOR

Comments

• rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    That's cool, my kinda bike :D:D:D
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Fred Baker's - now that takes me back...although I was more an Overbury's guy...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • So do you have a saris bones car rack?
  • poppit
    So do you have a saris bones car rack?
    Que?
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • On your last picture it looks like the frame sticker on the seat tube has been worn away in a precise way just like on one of my bikes which was caused by a saris bones bootrack.
    Just an idle observation! Nice bike BTW :-)
  • poppit
    On your last picture it looks like the frame sticker on the seat tube has been worn away in a precise way just like on one of my bikes which was caused by a saris bones bootrack.
    Just an idle observation! Nice bike BTW :-)
    Ah, cryptic, no I don't have a saris rack. Don't know why it's worn away.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR