Upgrading to a New Mountain Bike

mountainbiker9999
edited November 2013 in MTB beginners
Hello Everyone!!

I just joined this forum a few minutes ago and I'm into endurance sports and mountain biking is one of them! I read some of the posts on this forum and I see that there is a ton of beneficial info here, from the beginner to the expert!

I do some cycling and I enjoy running as well. I also would like to let everyone know that I own and operate a website that is centered around mountain biking and with this website, I write articles that relate to mountain biking. One of the articles that I wrote within the past week is about what to think about when you decide to upgrade to a new mountain bike. Here is a link to that article, so check it out and tell me what you think!!

http://mountainbikeblogger.com/upgradin ... -bike.html

I hope you like the article and leave a comment with your thoughts!!

-mountainbiker9999

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    bloggingdemotivator.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    bloggingdemotivator.jpg

Harsh, but fair.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I'll keep that link for when I can't get to sleep......

Poster is cleraly not even aware this is a UK based site!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks very much for the picture! I don't see why you had to post the same picture twice as that is a reflection of your intelligence level!! The Rookie, Just to let you know, the word "cleraly" isn't even spelled correctly! If you don't like that I post a link to my website on this forum for everyone to see and wish to make a point about it, then at least learn how to spell!!! :)

I hope everyone else is enjoying the article that I wrote and posted it here for everyone to see!! Besides, this forum is a win/win/win for everyone. People like you get to view my website and it can slowly gain more exposure around the globe. More mountain bikers such as yourself can read a different viewpoint from a mountain biker and have access to everything that my website has to offer. Bike Radar continues to get an increased number of page views from all of us posting and viewing other people's posts and therefore their advertisers are willing to pay more to advertise on their website. So before someone tries to criticize me for posting a link back to my website, just remember who is really profiting from you being on this forum!!! : )
  • cooldad
    Thanks very much for the picture! I don't see why you had to post the same picture twice as that is a reflection of your intelligence level!!
    I did not post it twice. Obviously you do not understand the wizardry of the internet and the 'quote' function.
    Possibly a reflection of your intelligence level.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • thanks for your input, you're starting to make me cry as you mock my intelligence level! : ( I'm going to go look at my mountain bike and shed a few tears on it! Maybe I'll see you on the trails someday!
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Really, are you emigrating?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    I see you've met cooldad, he's a legend, 97th choice on the other hand is cooldad's bitch.

You're welcome.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Thanks very much for the blahblahbollocksdrivelblahblahslimerubbishblahblah

Thanks for your contribution. I really mean it dude.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    RandG wrote:
    I see you've met cooldad, he's a legend, 97th choice on the other hand is cooldad's *****.

I wish
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • RandG wrote:
    I see you've met cooldad, he's a legend, 97th choice on the other hand is cooldad's *****.

You're welcome.

Thanks everyone for the input!! I really feel welcome here, except that I'd like to challenge you to a mountain bike challenge. Here's the challenge: See who can come up with the best mountain bike website and one that has 1500+ Facebook fans. Everyone is welcome to visit my site http://mountainbikeblogger.com/ and all of you are welcome to visit the site and become a fan. Except for cooldad & 97th choice!!
  • cooldad
    Oh no. I'm devastated. Not allowed to be a fan.
    How will I fill my long, lonely nights?
    Life as we know it has ended.

ps That's not a mountain bike challenge, which would involve real life and an actual bicycle.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I'm out.
  • This chap is a legend.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    and one that has 1500+ Facebook fans.

Insomnia's pretty common in today's high stress society, but you can take pride in the fact that you're helping 1500+ sufferers overcome it...
  • Looks a decent site
  • Can we please move this post to the crudcatcher... could be thread of the month!
  • Yep, with the web logger being such a tool.

I daren't log on to the site any more than the once I have to see what further drivel's been written for fear of inflating is ego with more hits. Ammo requires hits, proper catch 22.
  • Ulysses
    Ulysses Posts: 104
    Yep, with the web logger being such a tool.

I daren't log on to the site any more than the once I have to see what further drivel's been written for fear of inflating is ego with more hits. Ammo requires hits, proper catch 22.

Great film though, Catch 22.
  • cooldad
    The book was better.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Ulysses
    Ulysses Posts: 104
    Will put it on my to buy list ... trouble is I buy books faster than I read them.