So, here's my issues with the new platform.

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
1. When I log in, it just cycles (no pun intended) me back to the log in screen, even though the site states at the top right that I'm logged in.
2. Once I've finally managed to log in, if I want to reply to a post I it asks me to log in again, whether logged in or not. I then get a repeat of point 1.
3. The only way that the site will eventually let me reply in a thread is if I quote a post and delete the contents.
4. That irritating survey won't go away. If I click on 'no thanks' it opens anyway. I close the survey and tell it 'no thanks' and it opens again. This happens about 7 or 8 times before it finally closes. It got to the point where I completed the survey and it still refused to let me say no.
5. If I try to follow a link to another post, and sometimes to an external site, it asks me to log in and I get a repeat of point 1.

I'm using an iPad, iOS 7 and Safari. I've fully powered down and restarted, as recommended my Nicklouse, but don't believe that the issue is at this end. I don't have private browsing switched on, so have no idea why the site won't recognise why I've completed the survey.
Any thoughts ?

And the there's the ads !!! I appreciate that ads are needed, but when they detract from the experience and functionality of the site, there is something wrong. The problem is the ads that make the site jump around so much, and those around the side which make the main part of the site too small. The adds at the top, bottom and every 5th post are fine, just keep them simple.
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• MattC59
    No one ?

Mods/admin, any thoughts as to what the issue might be and how to fix it ?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    MattC59 wrote:
    No one ?

Mods/admin, any thoughts as to what the issue might be and how to fix it ?

I don't think you were disrespectful enough of this place, if you were you would have got a response telling you to stick your opinion somewhere :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    perhaps the reason for the lack of response is that they are having trouble logging in :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Matt, I use Windows 8.1, iPhone and iPad and don't experience any problems.

I can't help as the Mods don't have access, this is potentially an IT problem and as you are aware the IT team are overloaded with issues at the moment.

If it helps, I never login using FB to login, I use just the standard username and password, have you cleared your cookies and temporary internet files totally, then closed the computer down and restarted? That's the only thing I can suggest, when I used to be in IT one of the biggest problems was that people didn't reboot after clearing their cookies and temp internet files.

Just as a matter of interest, have you checked your computer for any malware? Just a thought as they can sometimes do strange things to systems.

Sorry I can't help further.
  • MattC59
    Velonutter wrote:
    Matt, I use Windows 8.1, iPhone and iPad and don't experience any problems.

I can't help as the Mods don't have access, this is potentially an IT problem and as you are aware the IT team are overloaded with issues at the moment.

If it helps, I never login using FB to login, I use just the standard username and password, have you cleared your cookies and temporary internet files totally, then closed the computer down and restarted? That's the only thing I can suggest, when I used to be in IT one of the biggest problems was that people didn't reboot after clearing their cookies and temp internet files.

Just as a matter of interest, have you checked your computer for any malware? Just a thought as they can sometimes do strange things to systems.

Sorry I can't help further.

Yep, done all of that, and only log in via the site. The issue only started when I upgraded my iPad to iOS 7 and the new platform went live. Both were roughly the same time, so it could be either.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I'm running iOS7 and it is fine, I'm really not sure Matt. Try a restore from an earlier backup and see if that helps.
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    I get this problem on iOS7 as well. I also often can't read the right hand side of posts as the sidebar advertisement covers them.
  • MattC59
    Still getting the same problems.

The latest one being that if I want to start a new post, it takes me to the log in screen, even if I'm already logged in.
  • Ever get the feeling they maybe trying to tell u something!
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    I still get this with IOS 7 but not with OSX Maverick. It is bl**dy annoying when trying to reach the forum. It is especially bad trying the new links post on the road bike pages.