io 69er

Bozabyka
Bozabyka Posts: 252
edited November 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a Genesis io
I would like to run it as a 69er.
It is fitted with the Genesis rigid fork.
This is 80/100 corrected.
Is this suitable?
Has anyone done this with the Io?
Are you still riding 69ers?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I ride with a few people who have 69ers, they are quite a good option for local rigid rides, obviously the 29" front wheel raises the front by about 15mm compared to a 26", so you need to add that to the A2C of the fork and see if (where it on a 26" wheel) the 'effective A2C' is acceptable, so if your frame can be fitted with 120mm forks it will be fine, if it only came with 100mm forks you need to see where the so called 80/100 corrected fall, are they nearly an 80 or nearly a 100mm?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Bozabyka
    Thanks
    A2c is 450mm so guess it will work
    If the 29er wheel rolls better would the gearing need changing on a singlespeed?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Unlikley you'll gain enough speed to notice, besides the difference going uphills is minor when speed is low, and the wheel and tyre will be a little heavier.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Bozabyka
    So is it worth doing?
    I do not ride technical trails
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Only you can decide.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools