Classified Rant

Vandiesel
Vandiesel Posts: 506
edited November 2013 in The bottom bracket
Greetings,
I've sold and bought few Items recently but this is aimed at the buyers! Y
We advertise as honest as poss with pics of our items and with description and personally I like to get these packaged up securely and off in the post subject to payment pronto, usually the same day with next day delivery guaranteed!
I've noticed the recipient sometimes fails to say thanks, kiss my a**e or nothing, not even a arrived safely!
Wondered if anybody else has experienced similar?
Rant Over..
Andy
Giant TCR Composite 3

Comments

• ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    Selling items, on here, or anywhere else for that matter, is not the way to increase your circle of friends. Spend the money and enjoy yourself!

That said, I do try and remember to confirm receipt of items even when they arrive 'recorded delivery'.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • Do agree somewhat, sold my bike frame earlier in the year and was in daily email contact with the buyer right up until the point I posted it out, and then nothing...
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Of course when ever you receive something from Wiggle/Ribble/CRC/Amazon etc you send them an email confirming receipt?
  • Yes - don't you?

Manners maketh the man remember - and they don't cost anything.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Vandiesel wrote:
    Greetings,
    I've sold and bought few Items recently but this is aimed at the buyers! Y
    We advertise as honest as poss with pics of our items and with description and personally I like to get these packaged up securely and off in the post subject to payment pronto, usually the same day with next day delivery guaranteed!
    I've noticed the recipient sometimes fails to say thanks, kiss my a**e or nothing, not even a arrived safely!
    Wondered if anybody else has experienced similar?
    Rant Over..
    Andy
    If I have ever bought anything off you. Thanks, it arrived and is as described. Now, kiss my a**e.
  • Yes - don't you?

Very true!
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • Vandiesel wrote:
    Yes - don't you?

Very true!

Too faackiiiiing right.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Yes - don't you?

Thank you for your post, it arrived in good condition and was on time, so I didn't have to wait in all day for it, although it was from the fourteenth century it was in remarkably good condition. Please feel free to post again and once again thank you.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • It was a pleasure and thank you very much for your note of receipt and appreciation: it's good to see good old fashioned manners rising above the detritus of a soulless modern media obsessed vacuous society.

As an aside, anyone got any piccies of Nina's norks?

Ernest
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    It was a pleasure and thank you very much for your note of receipt and appreciation: it's good to see good old fashioned manners rising above the detritus of a soulless modern media obsessed vacuous society.

Ernest

They're in the post.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Ballysmate wrote:
    It was a pleasure and thank you very much for your note of receipt and appreciation: it's good to see good old fashioned manners rising above the detritus of a soulless modern media obsessed vacuous society.

Ernest

They're in the post.

They'll be in a right state once the postie rams them through the letter box :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Agree. I don't think I want to open that package. I suppose I could use them as ear muffs or headphone covers though.

Any chance of just sending TDN across avec boobage instead?
  • I have learned through experience that, when selling items via Bikeradar, ebay or any online format, once the goods have been despatched and arrived with the buyer, then.......

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.

Believe it. My ebay feedback rating should be double what it is, but do I care?

I do not.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I'm spooked
  • ballysmate
    Oi JC1, have them norks arrived.
    Like the OP said, no thank you, no 'kiss my ar5e'. FA!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ballysmate wrote:
    They got delivered here by mistake.
    Think I will hang on to them for a while.

Just to confirm - They have arrived. You need no longer worry. It has been a pleasure doing business.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • ballysmate
    daviesee wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    They got delivered here by mistake.
    Think I will hang on to them for a while.

Just to confirm - They have arrived. You need no longer worry. It has been a pleasure doing business.

Hope you enjoy them. I had years of pleasure out of them, but although showing signs of age, I reckon they still are good for a few years yet. The stains on them do not affect their performance at all.
  • I do know what you mean, it can be annoying, but as someone has mentioned, no news is good news. I generally ask buyers to post something on my sales thread to say it has arrived & anything else they wish. This seems to work & has the added advantage of having your post a nice bump. Others do leave nice feedback in the feedback area, which is nice! DonDon't get too irritated by it, I'm sure people do appreciate the effort.

How are your Louis Garneau shoes by the way?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Anyway, back to Nina's norks...pics? PLEASE?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    Where do i get one of these posts every one is going on about, and is a feedback as bad as it sounds, :?:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    dave02 wrote:
    Where do i get one of these posts every one is going on about, and is a feedback as bad as it sounds, :?:

Try it. List something for sale on e-bay then buy it yourself and then leave yourself some feedback.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    When I buy from someone from here I always let them know that the package has arrived.

Likewise, when selling I always send a message to say that the parcel has been posted or collected by the courier.

I ask them to let me know when it arrives. Saves worrying if it's got lost en-route.

Everyone has always let me know that it's arrived safe and sound.

I don''t when buying from Wiggle etc... but then I've usually signed to accept the parcel.
  • ballysmate
    Zanelad wrote:
    When I buy from someone from here I always let them know that the package has arrived.

Likewise, when selling I always send a message to say that the parcel has been posted or collected by the courier.

I ask them to let me know when it arrives. Saves worrying if it's got lost en-route.

Everyone has always let me know that it's arrived safe and sound.

I don''t when buying from Wiggle etc... but then I've usually signed to accept the parcel.

You're too good for this place. :D