Is this a track or BMX chain

FransJacques
FransJacques Posts: 2,148
edited November 2013 in Track
Has anyone used one?

The dimensions fit track bikes (1/2" long by 1/8" wide) but I was not sure if there were any height or plate design differences that made this not suitable for my track bike.

I've heard that shipping a chain on a track bike is not as benign as w/ road so want ensure safety.

thanks in advance.
When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.

Comments

• Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    I use the KMC 710 SL Gold BMX chain on my track bike. The BMX chains have slightly more side flex over some of the dedicated 1/8" track chains. If your chain line is good and your tensioning of the chain is good then you shouldn't have any issues. I always used to use the Izumi TiN coated chains before but the BMX chain runs so much smoother and quieter.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • That's a cool chain, not seen cut away track chains before or ones with asym plates. How do you run the 710 SL? is the cut-away on the outside plates facing in or out?

As FJ says, shipping a track chain is ugly.
    The titifers have sung their song.

Now it's time for sleep.
  • I've used a BMX chain on my track bike for all of last season and it was fine (I also flipped it over halfway through as I think it was initially installed upside down?). No problems with it at all, though was perhaps a little noisy!