Anyone who works for Sainsbury's delivery...

ChuckWoking
ChuckWoking Posts: 22
edited November 2013 in Commuting general
Would you mind pointing out to your drivers that parking in a country lane, leaving lights on high beam shining down the road a good quarter of a mile while you wander in and out of someone's house to make a delivery, is really not good practice, likely contrary to the Highway Code and very dangerous to other road users.

If you're wondering where, Vicarage Lane, Send, Surrey, tonight at about 8pm.

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Tesco and asda delivery drivers do similar around here. I suppose it's part of the price that has to be paid for internet shopping
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A Tesco driver parked in the cycle lane and on the pavement on double yellows opposite my flat last week but Tesco were soon on the case chasing details of when where and VRN when a picture of said van was tweeted to @YPLAC with @Tesco also CC'ed on the tweet.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Tesco and asda delivery drivers do similar around here. I suppose it's part of the price that has to be paid for internet shopping

Not really. They can turn the lights off!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • tilt
    tilt Posts: 214
    What was the response from the driver when you spoke to him?
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    if it bothers you that much, take a photo and send it to sainsburys with the time and rough address, they can (might) then have a word with the driver who may then see the error of his/her ways, all that posting it here does is....

err.....

well.....

nothing!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • I did email Sainsbury's, the response was as usual from them, underwhelming, repeating my email back to me as if I didn't know about it, then asking me basically for the exact address that the driver was at!

Pointless.

I did speak to the passenger to get him to dip the lights, which he did, with an 'oh yeah'. I imagine he would do it every night until booked by Police...
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    So you asked him to dip his lights, then he did? Presumably without gobbing off or anything.
    Sounds like a friendly enough chap, out earning a living.
  • mattgeezer
    mattgeezer Posts: 1,805
    All Sainsbury's home delivery drivers are instructed to switch off the engine while making a delivery so sounds like he didn't do that either!
    Allez 2013
    Pitch 2011
    GT Moto 2003
  • Mr.Duck
    Mr.Duck Posts: 174
    So take the key out of the ignition and throw it in the bushes :lol:
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    So, a human being makes an honest mistake which is then corrected on request.

Am I the only person who thinks this is an overreaction?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    No, there appears to be 2 of us
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Nah, several years in the slammer for this one matey...