Strange feeling

2»

Comments

• shindig
    shindig Posts: 173
    shindig wrote:
    Lol, I've also had Yamaha LCS's , XJ's kawa z's, GPZ'z, ZXR's, an done the same . Can't be standard, have to modify, spend money. I'm the same with Mountain bikes. Has to be customised or special build. I've just build a Santa Cruz nickel, butcher and cotic soul. And of course all custom builds .

I love LCs, but they fetch stupid money now (all classic 2 strokes do - I've seen a TDR like mine for sale at six grand). I've already passed my tinkering fetish into my mountain biking (only got into it this year) - I'd changed a load of stuff on my new bike before I'd even ridden it, lol. I'd love to build a Santa Cruz 5010 or Bronson, but have yet to win the lottery. Coincidentally, lat night I dreamed that I'd bought an orange Cotic Soul frame. It had orange bars too, but I dropped it down the stairs and the bars got scratched. Make of that what you will...
    Yip, LCs and original gxers are going for stupid money. I wonder if my original clockwork will do the same one day :-)
    I also wonder how many other riders have crossed over from a motorcycles to MTB's ? Seems a natural progression.
    Anyway, I got the Santa Cruz frames at knock down prices as they are now discontinued, plus i had a couple donor bikes for parts. No one wants 26ers now:-)
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I've ridden a total of about 100 miles on motorbikes this year (despite the best summer we've had in years). To the pub and back twice on my Street R, just to keep things moving. I was just bored both times - had more fun riding MTB this summer than I've had on motorbikes for years now. Returned my tax disc to DVLA last week, and put it back on SORN for winter. If I'm no more interested in riding it next spring then I think it's probably time to return it as close to standard as possible and sell it. Could buy a very nice MTB and a good car with the proceeds. I'll keep the Bandit, she's not worth enough to bother selling.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's dicks like that who make non bikers think we are all hooligans.
    You ride like a hooligan at 5.30am on a Sunday morning on your own. No one sees it (including police) and the only person who can get hurt is yourself.
    Burnouts are for idiots no matter when or where.
  • Kowalski675
    RUG too? :lol: The only thing I do at 5.30 am on a Sunday is sleep, lol. Does it give you backache, having your head that far up your own backside, lol?
  • rockmonkeysc
    RUG too? :lol: The only thing I do at 5.30 am on a Sunday is sleep, lol.

Morning blast on the 851 then a full day of downhill. Its a good day.
  • Kowalski675
    Assuming it'll start, then go more than ten miles without breaking down... :wink:
  • rockmonkeysc
    It has an electrical system which has very few Ducati components. The engine has been blueprinted and is solid.
  • Kowalski675
    Ducati don't make electrical components. Never have - they just bought terrible ones from other companies until a few years ago, lol. Admittedly most 851 engines are fairly reliable (in the context of extremely unreliable Italian bikes) if not caned, serviced religiously and not run a minute over the cambelt replacement intervals. But then they aint putting out much power, lol.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Could you not take this discussion over to the motorcycle leather-fetishes weekly forum?
  • Kowalski675
    Isn't it past your bedtime? :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    lawman wrote:
    Could you not take this discussion over to the motorcycle leather-fetishes weekly forum?

Well the title is "strange feeling" and these boys definitely have strange feelings.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    RUG too? :lol: The only thing I do at 5.30 am on a Sunday is sleep, lol. Does it give you backache, having your head that far up your own backside, lol?

As mentioned talking about motorbikes would be better elsewhere crudcatcher etc. Im not getting involved with the comment you are making but you have somewhat hijacked and derailed this thread.

On topic I went out today did about 15 miles with the SPDs fell off twice in total both times with one side of the right pedal refusing to unclip even with the tension right down so ill be looking at that tomorrow.
  • shindig
    I was a dedicated SPD fanboy from 1991 until April this year. Forgot to take my SPD shoes with on family vacation (yeah, I'm getting old and forget things). Had a pair of shimano PDMX 30 in the toolbox. Slapped them on the bike, bough a pair of fiveten shoes and wow. Don't think I'll go back to SPD's now. Having so much fun.

And on the hijack subject, burnouts are a tradition, skill and part of the fun of having a motorcycle, as are wheelies. Then again, I maybe come from a bye gone era. I've been riding motorbikes since I was 14 years old , back in the 80's. I then discovered mountain bikes and both have been interweaved in my life since.
  • Kowalski675
    Well, I wouldn't say static burnouts take any skill (unlike wheelies, which take lots), but they are fun, lol. I remember once (late nineties) covering the front of a white hatchback behind me at a set of traffic lights with an awful lot of rubber from the back of a Buell Lightning I'd taken out from a dealer for a test ride, lol (once the smoke had cleared enough to see the car again...) :lol:

Check out this numpty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c62RS9P7hls

:lol:
  • Kowalski675
    shindig wrote:
    Then again, I maybe come from a bye gone era.

Sounds like maybe we both do. I avoid "biker" hangouts like Squires etc these days, but if I ever do find myself there I just look around at all the sad, clueless wannabe numpties and think "What am I doing here? Ninety percent of these people are w*****s, where have all the real riders gone?". It's a bit sad, really. Motorcycling should be naughty, irresponsible and an exhuberant two fingered salute to authority and everyday tedium, but these days it's all middle England, middle management, middle aged clueless bellends - the only thing wider than their chicken strips is their waistlines... :roll:
  • shindig
    shindig wrote:
    Then again, I maybe come from a bye gone era.

Sounds like maybe we both do. I avoid "biker" hangouts like Squires etc these days, but if I ever do find myself there I just look around at all the sad, clueless wannabe numpties and think "What am I doing here? Ninety percent of these people are w*****s, where have all the real riders gone?". It's a bit sad, really. Motorcycling should be naughty, irresponsible and an exhuberant two fingered salute to authority and everyday tedium, but these days it's all middle England, middle management, middle aged clueless bellends - the only thing wider than their chicken strips is their waistlines... :roll:

When I said burnouts, I meant the rolling burnout and doughnut types take skill to achieve . And it seems that even static burnouts are a skill now lost judging by your YouTube post.

+1 about motorcycling , and I hardly ever see people driving like we used to do. But that's probably a good thing, far too many other road users to consider nowadays. That's why prefer the MTB now. Just as much fun. But I'm crap at wheelies on it.
  • Kowalski675
    Yeah, rolling burnouts and doughnuts take skill. Static ones you could train a monkey to do, lol. I'm utterly useless at pushbike wheelies (flipped my hardtail in the street in summer on tarmac, that hurt, a lot, lol). Not much better at motorcycle wheelies either, lol, but always enjoyed practising them. Was hooking up a few good second gear ones last summer, changing up to third a couple of times. My old riding buddy used to have a '98 R1 with motocross bars and that thing loved to wheelie, lol. Second gear, 80mph, just shut the throttle, crack it open and the clocks tried to hit you in the face, lol. Mad, vicious, nasty bike, but a proper giggle to ride. Best I ever managed on that was 124, but he could hoist it in second and go right through the 'box to fifth or 6th, putting it down on the naughtier side of 150, by which time the front wheel had stopped, so he'd get a long black line and cloud of smoke on landing. Impressive to watch.
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    cooldad wrote:
    Although that's higher than I go.

Wheels are meant to be on the ground.
    Glad to see that I'm not the only poncy rider here :D
  • Motorbike general .......I am on the wrong site.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

Is your fanny hurting too, lol? Sounds like you need some nice flat pedals, lol. :wink:

I have a good set of flats a friend tried mine with them today and was able to jump happily i did the same and he pointed out i was dropping my heels but not enough so i know where I'm going wrong.

Also my genitalia are none of your business but I can safely say I do not have a fanny.
  • Kowalski675
    Lol, I've just had a site warning for asking Francis if his "fanny hurt". I presume it was him that went crying to admin, since the warning came from a roadie moderator. I guess those roadie types are as uptight and devoid of a sense of humour as they always appear when you see them out on the road. Some people really need to get a life and/or grow a pair, lol. :lol: