Those farmer, bless em

dave02
dave02 Posts: 325
edited November 2013 in The bottom bracket
In a world of HSE gone mad it seems that farmers are exempt, out today and passed a farmer type SMASHING a hedge to bits with his flail thing, a piece of hedge the size of my arm flew into the road followed by a multitude of small bits, Mr Giles totally oblivious, fu
thorns everywhere, then a few miles down the road bleeding SUGAR BEET, its like a skittle ally when they go passed in vehicles with NO nets on, they put shit all over the road and they have Fast Track tractors that do 50mph down single track roads but only 15mph on normal road ahrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :x . Do we really need em, Tesco has got lots of food from all over the world, just think no farms, woods, nature trails, open grass land, no Range Rovers. utopia . :roll:

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Sounds like that got under your skin!
  • Farmers don't drive Range Rovers. Those are reserved for people who live in cebtral London I believe.

The average farmer drives a Land Rover or a Hi Lux. But not one with loads of Mujahideen and a 50 cal in the back as that would be just weird in the sticks.

And yeah, farmers are exempt. Essentially they do what they want - which I think is pretty cool really.

I have time for farmers - they work freakingly hard for what they have.
  • Farmers don't drive Range Rovers. Those are reserved for people who live in cebtral London I believe.

The average farmer drives a Land Rover or a Hi Lux. But not one with loads of Mujahideen and a 50 cal in the back as that would be just weird in the sticks.

And yeah, farmers are exempt. Essentially they do what they want - which I think is pretty cool really.

I have time for farmers - they work freakingly hard for what they have.

Yeah because the supermarkets shaft them for everything else they did have...
  • dave02
    but what about the wildlife, dont they get a say. and the thousands who's foot paths they dig up, the hrs of lost time sat behind a tractor on the road, the little children waiting for daddy to come home on time, and my f
    puncture . :evil: :evil:
  • Nah. Farmers are cool.
  • dave02 wrote:
    In a world of HSE gone mad it seems that farmers are exempt, out today and passed a farmer type SMASHING a hedge to bits with his flail thing, a piece of hedge the size of my arm flew into the road followed by a multitude of small bits, Mr Giles totally oblivious, fu
    thorns everywhere, then a few miles down the road bleeding SUGAR BEET, its like a skittle ally when they go passed in vehicles with NO nets on, they put shoot all over the road and they have Fast Track tractors that do 50mph down single track roads but only 15mph on normal road ahrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :x . Do we really need em, Tesco has got lots of food from all over the world, just think no farms, woods, nature trails, open grass land, no Range Rovers. utopia . :roll:
    I haven't been to London for a while. Sounds like it's changed a bit.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • I don't mind farmers, I live in the (untreeeside so they're part and parcel round these parts.

Went to school with one, he was alright. Last time I bumped into him was in A&E and he'd managed to clout himself in the head with a sledgehammer, apparently he swung it back and rebounded off a washing line straight into his noggin. Made me feel better without even seeing a doctor. :lol:
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    One day when I was out during the summer and gone about as far as I wanted to go in that direction i saw a 'farmer' flail mowing a hedge on the opposite side of the road to me.

He stopped the flail to let me pass, but I realised that if I went along the road he had just cut, (and I'd have to come back along that one too) I was almost sure to get a puncture. So I just gave him a wave and did a u-turn. :)

The older I get, the better I was.

• graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    I don't mind farmers, I live in the (untreeeside so they're part and parcel round these parts.

Went to school with one, he was alright. Last time I bumped into him was in A&E and he'd managed to clout himself in the head with a sledgehammer, apparently he swung it back and rebounded off a washing line straight into his noggin. Made me feel better without even seeing a doctor. :lol:
    That's creepy!
    It's exactly what happened to my brother-in-law, had to have several stitches but didn't affect him in any other way...which tells you all you need to know about my brother-in-law!
  • Nurses are cool as well. They graft there arzzes off for no reward at all.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Nurses are cool as well. They graft there arzzes off for no reward at all.
    Nurses are very cool.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • But some prefer them when they're hot, fnaaaar fnaaaarrrr....
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Nurses are cool as well. They graft there arzzes off for no reward at all.

2s2f.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    As the rest of Britain has to compete on a global market, so should farmers. Without the subsidies (farmers are sozzled on these) then the countryside would look much different. It depends on whether the 0.6% of the nation who own 87% of the nation are allowed or not, but if they were not stopped then half the country would look like Kansas, and the rest be abandoned. If, however, a touch of environmental legislation were to stop farmers destroying the countryside as we know it, then their inability to compete with the Russians, the Canadians, the Americans, the Australians, et.al, this would be a GOOD THING.
  • What would be a good thing? Sorry, just can't decipher your post.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    What would be a good thing? Sorry, just can't decipher your post.

Glad you asked that John, I translated it into Portuguese then back again, it didn't get any easier to follow, he probably used a predictive posting app :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Cool - grazie - I wasn't too sure if it was just me being a silly beggar.

Can anyone enlighten?

Ta muchly

E to the J to the C to the 1
  • dave02
    BUT what about my puncture, does no one care,
  • dave02
    I said DOES NO ONE CARE
  • John Clark1
    John Clark1 Posts: 268
    edited November 2013
    No. not really. Sorry. Next time ride properly and you won't get one.

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686

:? :? :?
  • seanoconn
    johnfinch wrote:

:? :? :?
    I find it's best not to ask
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    dave02 wrote:
    I said DOES NO ONE CARE

Oi, keep the racket down - there's antiques in here trying to sleep. Amongst the thooozands of forumites on BR and the few in here, we must have fixed miwyions of punctures and you want sympathy?

Back to the OP: Nah, can't be 4rsed.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Punctured? Oh. Never mind. See you at the pub.
  • dave02
    but what about my puncture, they dont work hard they just sit in a f
    tractor type thing all day then get into a hilux and go to the pub with shit all over them selves and any one else who happens to be in their favorite village tap room before going out to a posher place to eat their tea in their RANGE ROVER, they only go out in posh stuff after dark as they now there will be no f
    g tractors on the road to hold them up :roll:
  • dave02 wrote:
    tractor type thing all day then get into a hilux and go to the pub with shoot all over them selves and any one else who happens to be in their favorite village tap room before going out to a posher place to eat their tea in their RANGE ROVER, they only go out in posh stuff after dark as they now there will be no f

Err - seriously? Really: seriously?
  • dave02
    no iam just joking, my puncture doesnt matter :D . love u :oops:
  • seanoconn
    dave02 wrote:
    no iam just joking, my puncture doesnt matter :D . love u :oops:
    Never capitulate. You had JC on the ropes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    dave02 wrote:
    tractor type thing all day then get into a hilux and go to the pub with shoot all over them selves and any one else who happens to be in their favorite village tap room before going out to a posher place to eat their tea in their RANGE ROVER, they only go out in posh stuff after dark as they now there will be no f

Dead right there.

Get stuck into that JC1 bloke, he's soft as puddin'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I use country lanes a lot & winter /summer, farm yards are sh88t heaps, I'm not talking animal muck but broken machinery / roofs held down by hundreds of tyres & every one has an air of gloom about them. Don't get me going about muck on the road . Anybody know what continental farms are like , possibly cleaner & tidier.