Lorde "Royals"

John Clark1
John Clark1 Posts: 268
edited November 2013 in The bottom bracket
I must admit that I don't do young people's music but this is excellent. Have a listen.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    edited November 2013
    Been around for ages old chap. Heard her interviewed last week, very mature for a 16 year old.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Am reading interview in Torygraph. Seems a nice lass really.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Isn't that the heavy metal band in latex who won eurovision a few years back!
  • Who? Torygraph? No, its a really rubbish paper but its free on the internet. They may have an in house band but I'm not sure if they entered Eurovision.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,221
    mrfpb wrote:
    Isn't that the heavy metal band in latex who won eurovision a few years back!

Went to Roveniemi a few years back and they are still massive there. The shopping centre has some of their costumes on display and they renamed the town square after them!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I have to admit I'm a fan. (Lorde not lordi.)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    I can see how this would appeal to the older gentleman, kind of Alanis morisette without the swimming certificate :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Oh no, we like a bit of Alanis is the Ernest household - nowt betrer than a mental bird strumming away on an early evening over a Pastis to set the tone for the night.

NOTE: Ernest is the the family name. I wish to be known form now on as E to the J to the C to the 1. Many thanks.
  • Isn't this just a Lana Del Ray knockoff with trite lyrics about high school stuff?

It is good but it seems a bit like the Lady GaGa school of ticking record/marketing execs boxes rather than artistic merit ...

ps. The Lana album also leans towards the slippy slope of product over artistic integrity ...
  • John Clark1
    John Clark1 Posts: 268
    edited November 2013
    Let me investigate Lana over evening wine and beer (hooray! no longer in a dry zone!) and I'll revert
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    The album is excellent, its called pure heroine.
  • Listening to Lana now - hmmmm - maybe a grower but no instant hit a la Lorde (but as a man I used to work in a record shop said - its the growers that are the keepers) ........................
  • Hmmmmmmmmm - iffy so far - let me listen more and revert.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Yeah, I like it a lot. I liked the sound at first but not the content - it sounded like it was glorifying that lifestyle until I actually listened to what she was saying.

Now I like the sound and the substance.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Listening to Lana now - hmmmm - maybe a grower but no instant hit a la Lorde (but as a man I used to work in a record shop said - its the growers that are the keepers) ........................
    You used to be a man?
    :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • I'm a huge Lana Del Rey fan, definitely give her a chance - she grew on me lots.

As for Lorde, she's quite good although I've found myself getting bored of 'Royals' now though, probably overplayed it.
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I also like this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmCJEehYtU

Bit scary when you find out that the clown is 7 feet tall!
    I'm left handed, if that matters.